Much simpler guide for rooting (no pc required)

11bravo

Reaction score
Thanks do I still have to extract it once I download it?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Reaction score
Let me know if it everything goes fine. I already did this method one time successfully. After the update last night, I tried to do it twice, it hasn't worked for me.

11bravo

Reaction score
When I type in ./rage* it says not found I even typed ./rage*.bin and still nothing. Do u know what I could be doing wrong?!!

Reaction score
as long as you put in all three files, just ignore what it says. continue following the instructions by hitting the home button, and force stopping the terminal emulator that you're using

11bravo

Reaction score
Dammit.. still no # symbol after I force stopped the emulator and opened it back up. It just shows 2 $ symbols. I wish I knew what I was doing wrong

Reaction score
don't worry, ill help you out. im about to root my phone right now, the xda root method isn't working for me so im going back to this one. r u certain you're not typing anything incorrectly? a simple extra space or no slash could mess it up

Reaction score
Im encountering problems trying to get it working for me too. I've just typed alll the stuff in twice, no # # signs. Did you download and install the update for the Droid 2 last night?

11bravo

Reaction score
No I have a droid x.. but I heard this method is suppose to work for it too

Reaction score
If it isn't working, it could be that the person who told u it works was wrong. I'm sure there are several ways to easily root your droid x, there's a much bigger community there than there is for the Droid 2

solar

Reaction score
For you guys who have one it, is there a reliable souce I can download the following files referenced in the initial post?
-rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin,
-su
-Superuser.apk

I'm always leary of where I get my source file from. Thanks. I think i'm going to give this a shot. I miss having root since i changed from my D1.

ruvy01

Reaction score
Droid2Root.rar - *********** - online file sharing and storage - download

use winrar or 7-zip to open and extract\unzip

forgot to add... some antivirus will detect the rage file as a hacker tool and try to delete it.. i would add to to exceptions or pause antivirus when transferring file

Last edited: