Moving to sprint...

on4now4

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am probably going to be moving to sprint in a few months as soon as my contract is up because Verizon is just way to expansive.
But, I really want to keep my current phone. I LOVE my Droid 1 i have no interest or desire to get a different phone. Is there any way i can take my phone with me considering they are both CDMA networks... Do i just need an inside connection at sprint to activate it for me?

Thanks in advance

Oh, I have done some searching and just have not been able to find a definitive answer on this.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am probably going to be moving to sprint in a few months as soon as my contract is up because Verizon is just way to expansive.
But, I really want to keep my current phone. I LOVE my Droid 1 i have no interest or desire to get a different phone. Is there any way i can take my phone with me considering they are both CDMA networks... Do i just need an inside connection at sprint to activate it for me?

I'm leaning toward it may not be possible, but with a very slim chance that it may be possible. Sorry for the confusion with that, but I know of users who have moved to Cricket Wireless for the purposes of saving money, using an OG Droid. They just needed to move the ESN of the phone, to the new carrier.

With that said, I know of the love you have for your Droid however, I would suggest you get a new android phone on the cheap or for free with a new Sprint contract. I think this would save you tons of effort. Hey, you can still use your Droid for Wifi enabled applications, a media player, or a gaming device.

This post may help your decision: droid X on sprint network? - xda-developers

Good luck!

OP
O

on4now4

Reaction score
I'm leaning toward it may not be possible, but with a very slim chance that it may be possible. Sorry for the confusion with that, but I know of users who have moved to Cricket Wireless for the purposes of saving money, using an OG Droid. They just needed to move the ESN of the phone, to the new carrier.

With that said, I know of the love you have for your Droid however, I would suggest you get a new android phone on the cheap or for free with a new Sprint contract. I think this would save you tons of effort. Hey, you can still use your Droid for Wifi enabled applications, a media player, or a gaming device.

This post may help your decision: droid X on sprint network? - xda-developers

Good luck!

Haha, That is what I was afraid you would say... But again still not a real definitive answer haha. There must be someone that has tried it by now...

Well at least you understand my love haha.