Bad ESN question

Android4Eternity

Reaction score
Hi everybody! So when I'm on eBay I see "bad esn" for smartphones all the time. One of the phones I was considering bidding on said "bad esn can't be activated on Sprint." So I'm a T-Mobile user and I was wondering if I could still buy it and use it with T-Mobile without troubles. I thought I might be able to do this because Sprint is a CDMA provider and T-Mobile is a GSM provider so they don't have anything to do with each other. Thanks in advance!

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody! So when I'm on eBay I see "bad esn" for smartphones all the time. One of the phones I was considering bidding on said "bad esn can't be activated on Sprint." So I'm a T-Mobile user and I was wondering if I could still buy it and use it with T-Mobile without troubles. I thought I might be able to do this because Sprint is a CDMA provider and T-Mobile is a GSM provider so they don't have anything to do with each other. Thanks in advance!

The fact alone that Sprint is CDMA and T-M is GSM makes it totally incompatible. CDMA and GSM is like Win7 and MAC O.S. (probably a bad example).