moving on...

swampbuggy15

Reaction score
after fighting the issue with losing calls after about 5 mins of talking on the phone, i have given up on the nexus. I love this phone but if i cannot use this phone in it's most critical task then it is useless to me. After speaking to a CSR today she told me that their are several people in my boat and unfortunately she does not know for sure when a fix will be in place. She said that they were hoping to have it resolved by March by a OTA fix, but as of right now there is no firm date.

Fortunately for me she offered me to switch out to a equal competitor phone which i thought was fair and i accepted. If you are one of the lucky ones that have no issues with reception then consider yourself blessed!

big al

Reaction score
by march? this post is in june. am i missing something here?

OP
S

swampbuggy15

Reaction score
al, you are not missing anything. She said they have talked about a fix since march and every month it gets delayed. Unfortunately my patience has worn out.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I've been blessed since launch day then. Sorry to hear the Nexus didn't work out for ya.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
My .02 here...

The Motorola phones are notoriously the best radios (think radio to communicate by telephone wirelessly, i.e. Cellular Radio) of all the cellular phones. The RAZR MAXX would be my first pick if the GNEX was a failure for you.

:biggrin:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Moto rocks... I like em at least. :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
S

swampbuggy15

Reaction score
At first the CSR kept trying to push the Razr on me but finally after going up 1 level to her supervisor i was able to get a reconditioned razr maxx which i thought was very fair. Hopefully the Razr will get ICS soon.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I went through the same issues except mine was with lousy data and wifi reception. I went through several devices and tried many different combinations of radios. Never fixed. So I got them to grant me an extremely early upgrade and got a Razr Maxx. Couldn't be happier. Data reception is as good as it gets just like with every other Moto device I have owned.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
At first the CSR kept trying to push the Razr on me but finally after going up 1 level to her supervisor i was able to get a reconditioned razr maxx which i thought was very fair. Hopefully the Razr will get ICS soon.

Is today soon enough? As it apparently is rolling out today, well for some folks at least.