movies on DROID

ctn830

Reaction score
Has anyone ever viewed a movie or video on the DROID? If so does the phone slow down because? How and where can I download it?

:droideris:

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes people have all kinds of movies on their Droids.....search for DVDCatalyst

And although, I haven't put a movie on my Droid....I'm pretty sure they don't slow it down...

Haven't you watched like YouTube videos on your Droid?

OP
C

ctn830

Reaction score
have you also noticed that the sound quality on the DROID isn't that great for videos and movies?

zz500

Reaction score
I've been really enjoying an app called LukLuk -- it's in the market.
They have a boat load of movies and best of all, they are all free.

When you load the app, you will see a scrollable list at the bottom that starts with "HOT". Scroll to the next section titled "Films". There are some pretty recent films in there. The downside is, I don't think you can download or save them, but the quality is awesome, the sound is great (with earbuds), and there has been no lag or stutter on my droid thus far. Some of the movies do take a while to buffer, but once that's done, it's smooth viewing (at least for me). Check it out.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've been really enjoying an app called LukLuk -- it's in the market.
They have a boat load of movies and best of all, they are all free.

When you load the app, you will see a scrollable list at the bottom that starts with "HOT". Scroll to the next section titled "Films". There are some pretty recent films in there. The downside is, I don't think you can download or save them, but the quality is awesome, the sound is great (with earbuds), and there has been no lag or stutter on my droid thus far. Some of the movies do take a while to buffer, but once that's done, it's smooth viewing (at least for me). Check it out.

Thanks for sharing.....I've never seen that app... :)

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
You will need to rip the movie from the DVD, convert it to a format that the Droid recognizes, and move it onto your Droid's sd card.

zz500

Reaction score
Yesterday when I loaded LukLuk, my max speed was at around 1140 kb - the movies played perfectly. Today my max was 740kb and it still played good. Anything below that will have buffering. If you see the "loading" icon during playback, just reload the app and try again. It usually works for me.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Moving this to the correct sub-forum...