1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Movie Gallery went bust

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by Garemlin, May 30, 2010.

1. Garemlin

Garemlin Developer Relations

Looks like one of the last big movie rental stores went belly-up. They filed for bankruptcy and are closing all stores. I don't use them that much anymore because of Netflix but I went there yesterday to rent a game and saw the signs. Guess Netflix and Redbox were too much competition.
  2. issues636

issues636 New Member

the Movie Gallery in my town closed about 8 months ago already. didn't know it was cause they were going bankrupt. but with all the Blockbusters popping up, it's no surprise.
  3. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

DVD's are dead IMHO. I haven't bought one or rented one in a long time.
  4. droider4life

droider4life New Member

Same here. It shut down about three months ago. And I work for a sign shop and what's funny is a guy is buying the movie gallery building and is going to open his own movie store. What an idiot!!