Mount Droid X on a Mac (leopard)?

DavidMartinez

Reaction score
I have doubletwist, seems to be working fine.

Anyone having luck mounting their Droid X (via USB cable) to their Mac? Mine states the 'disk is unreadable'

Thanks in advance!

David

Bonzo202

Reaction score
Yes, I'm having the same problem too...It's doesn't recognize the phone on either the desktop or in finder...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-tech-issues/59954-droid-wont-mount-mac.html

You should see something on your pull down window on the X asking you if you want to use mass storage device. Say yes. The Device should mount you'll see it as "no name."

If it gives you a problem then reboot it and see if it works.

On my Droid it simply says mount sd card. It's a little different with the X.

If that doesn't work then search around, because I've seen at least a half a dozen post on this in this area.

OP
D

DavidMartinez

Reaction score
Can you tell me where in the Droid X menu I can toggle to USB mass storage device?

Can you tell me where in the Droid X menu I can toggle to USB mass storage device?

ShadowDroid

Reaction score
just drop down from the notification bar select the usb connection and then it should give you the option for how you want it to be connected from charge only to pc mode....hope that helps

OP
D

DavidMartinez

Reaction score
I GOT IT TO WORK.

Disconnect usb to phone.
Reconnect to phone.
Go to "Notifications Bar" - top bar pull down, there should be a USB Connection notification there.
Select.
*Now select = Mass Storage Device from the 4 or 5 options,
It mounts on your MAC!!!

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
I GOT IT TO WORK.

Disconnect usb to phone.
Reconnect to phone.
Go to "Notifications Bar" - top bar pull down, there should be a USB Connection notification there.
Select.
*Now select = Mass Storage Device from the 4 or 5 options,
It mounts on your MAC!!!

Lol it's not mac specific that's how you're supposed to do it for all computers, welcome to android! I think I had the same problem when I first got my Droid!

Sent from my Tapatalk using Droid

ncshawng

Reaction score
I have my Droid X set up correctly, but it keeps connecting and disconnecting from my iMac. Any ideas on what causes this?

bogginblazer

Reaction score
it dont work

ok i put my usb in. i get nothing on the phone or comp. i have tried to force mount my phone using clockwork nothing. i have sbf my phone manny times using windows. this is the first tri using a mac sooo far there BS. can any 1 please help me. im tired of seening posts that i just have to check the notifications bar. there is nothing there. please please please help me

Gidevjefan

Reaction score
Frustrated User... Now worked

Hello-

If anyone is still reading this forum, somehow this worked for me.

I do not honestly know how it worked, but this is what i did....

I plugged in my droid to my Imac, i clicked USB charge only on my X,
I clicked USB Mass Storage on my X
Clicked back to Charge only then to Mass Storage again and I saw it pop up on my Imac finder window, and my Imac desktop as "no name"....

Ive been trying to get it to work for literally about 10 months, amount of time ive had my phone....

FINALLY!!!!

Thanks forums!!!
Frustrated User