Motorola Warns about the leaked Droid X Android 2.2 Update

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Motorola has posted a warning on their support forums today warning users not to proceed with the leaked froyo update that has been floating around for the past few weeks.

WARNING: Do NOT load the leaked 2.2 upgrade that has been floating around on the Internets. There is currently no upgrade path from that load to the official 2.2 load that will be released by early September. Unless you have some plan to flash your phone back to the current official load, you could be stuck on the leaked version.

If you have updated, don't worry the complete step by step guide was created by our friends at RootzWiki for just that situation. To return your Droid X back to a stocker, just follow the link here: RootzWiki - Droid X. If you have questions, hit us up in the Droid Hack section and we'll be sure to help out: Droid X Hacks

Did you happen to noticed the mention of early September for the official 2.2 update? Hmmmm.. How does September 6th sound for the new roll out?!

Source: https://supportforums.motorola.com/m.../190567#190567

nagmier

Reaction score
"floating around on the Internets" YES They said Internets!!!! ROFLMFAO!!! #MotoFail!

TheOldFart

Reaction score
"floating around on the Internets" YES They said Internets!!!! ROFLMFAO!!! #MotoFail!

Now, now. Remember that Nixon said that if the president does it, then it can't be wrong. George Bush said "internets", so it can't be wrong. :)

HeroNova

Reaction score
Crap, I don't have linux or windows. I guess I'm stuck on leaked 2.2 until someone finds a work around through the phone or for mac users.

Reaction score
Sooooooooo done with Motoapple! It sucks, but I guess I'll have to get my Android fix from Samsung and HTC from now on.

JeffR714

Reaction score
For once I have to admit I'm glad I flashed back to 2.1. I know how good froyo is on my rooted Evo running Fresh that 2.2 leak was buggy I must admit I was tempted at the birdman release but Im going to wait it out stay rooted go with ota 2.2 then see what happens on the custom front

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I haven't read any of the posts because I am strapped for time. However, I could NOT get this process to work under Windows 7 64bit. I had to dust off my laptop that has WinXP 32bit. That being said, it appears to be working just fine on my laptop. Hope this helps anyone having the same issue.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Crap, I don't have linux or windows. I guess I'm stuck on leaked 2.2 until someone finds a work around through the phone or for mac users.

Bootcamp? That's always an option. Especially if you already have a valid Windows disc.

Uber_Tiny

Reaction score
There is some misinformation running around about this and people jumping to conclusion that this is Motorola locking down the system. This is wrong. Read what Motorola posts and you will see that they are actually letting you know ahead of time about the issue and telling you that flashing back to a prior release will allow you to upgrade.

johaBBa

Reaction score
Here is Linux on your PC without changing your hard drive contents:

Knoppix Linux Boot CD, Download Disk and Documents, Discuss, Get Help

Now you can use the sbf_flash no matter your OS.

I'll keep my 2.2 until this weekend. I'd bet half a goat (if only i could find my knife...) the official 2.2 is coming out around Sept. 6. You should still be able to flash back to 2.1 after that and manually check for update from settings.