FroYo update for DROID X delayed until early September

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
motorola_dx_early_sept_froyo.JPG

For those of you eagerly anticipating FroYo for the DROID X, we have some (relatively) bad news. It seems that Motorola has delayed DROID X's 2.2 update until "early September", according to Motorola's official DROID X support forum:

A fix for [Exchange 2003 mail] will be included in the upgrade to Android 2.2 scheduled for deployment by early September.
Now, this certainly isn't devastating news, as the update was originally slated for the end of August. I guess another week or two won't hurt too much. Neither is it shocking, considering Motorola's tendency to delay updates without hesitation. So DROID X users, would an early September roll-out of FroYo be okay with you?

via Droid Life
Source: Motorola Forums

Follow the discussion here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...22-droidx-froyo-update-delayed-september.html

Thanks Shadez!

Last edited:

theproles

Reaction score
"Okay", not really, but of course what the hell are we supposed to do? This is so frustrating! I was hoping I would be able to experience the benefits of FroYo's energy-saving abilities. I don't mind charging my phone nightly, but I'm a heavy user. This charging every 3/4 day thing is getting old.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I'd rather have it be delayed once or twice and have it be relatively bug-free than the Microsoft update model. Luckily for me, I guess, that I'm not looking at OTA updates or a new phone for another year. :)

theproles

Reaction score
I agree on waiting for a solid build, but having to wait so much longer after many other android phones have already updated is aggravating.
I have to leave the continental US for a dig this Tuesday and I'm not looking forward to having no phone connectivity and no FroYo to boot!

I'm spoiled with this damned phone. Like a kid in a candy store.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
It says it'll be out "by early september". That means it'll be done before early september. That means it'll be out in august. Nothing has changed then.

plumcrazy

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i dont mind waiting for a better product

GrillMouster

Reaction score
I can wait a few more weeks if it means that they will fix the AAC audio bug that its plaguing streaming audio apps, like Pandora and Rhapsody. Additionally, I'd like Flash 10.1 to be ready in the market as soon as 2.2 rolls out to the Droid X.

rudolphe

Reaction score
See, this is the kind of **** that makes me regret buying a phone with a locked boot loader... oh well. It is what it is.

tmikels

Reaction score
2.2 for moto droid

When will verizon release the 2.2 for my motorola droid? I first heard july, then aug.

Thank you

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint

fishstick600

Reaction score
Im not to happy about waiting but id much rather have a polished product than have stuff all slow and buggy

Joelcableguy

Reaction score
I agree with waiting a couple more weeks until bugs are worked out, what I don't understand is why would the "flagship" model just released be the last on the list for the update. Oh well, could be worse, I could be back using my BB Storm 2 and waiting an eternity for RIM or VZW to release an update, lol.

armedmonkey

Reaction score
It has nothing to do with bugs guys. It's marketing. In fact it's probably to get more sales to Droid 2.