Motorola Vehicle Mount problems for Droid.

Chillson

Reaction score
I bought the window mount for my car a couple days ago to be used with the Google Nav feature, but every now and then it seems like the screen flickers to try and keep up with where I am on the map as well as sometimes the whole screen might switch like I'm holding the phone horizontal. Has anyone else experienced problems like this?

EDIT: I'm sorry, I have it installed horizontal, but sometimes the whole screen will switch as if I'm holding the phone vertical while in the car mount.

Last edited:

GiantDroid

Reaction score
I have the car mount, but I installed it horizontally. I haven't noticed it trying to switch orientation, however it does flicker occasionally.

The change in orientation may be due to the accelerometer/processor being "confused" with excessive vibration. Key word in this sentence is "may". I have no proof, it's just a theory. I would like to know what others have to say about this.

OP
C

Chillson

Reaction score
Yea I was trying it again, but vertically this time and I didn't have any issues. Must have something to with the accelerometer and the magnet maybe?

cyber3d

Reaction score
mine is mounted horizontally with the Motorola holder and only today did it start doing that crazy behavior.

krazykarl

Reaction score
I had the problem with it occasionaly switching orientation while its mounted horizontally, and i just rotated the mount so that the top is tilted down slightly and that seemed to fix it. it seems that the little extra tilt is enough to keep the vibrations from exceeding whatever threshold there is for an orientation switch.