1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Motorola Vehicle Mount problems for Droid.

Discussion in 'Android Accessories' started by Chillson, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Chillson

Chillson New Member

I bought the window mount for my car a couple days ago to be used with the Google Nav feature, but every now and then it seems like the screen flickers to try and keep up with where I am on the map as well as sometimes the whole screen might switch like I'm holding the phone horizontal. Has anyone else experienced problems like this?

EDIT: I'm sorry, I have it installed horizontal, but sometimes the whole screen will switch as if I'm holding the phone vertical while in the car mount.
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  2. GiantDroid

GiantDroid New Member

I have the car mount, but I installed it horizontally. I haven't noticed it trying to switch orientation, however it does flicker occasionally.

The change in orientation may be due to the accelerometer/processor being "confused" with excessive vibration. Key word in this sentence is "may". I have no proof, it's just a theory. I would like to know what others have to say about this.
  3. Chillson

Chillson New Member

Yea I was trying it again, but vertically this time and I didn't have any issues. Must have something to with the accelerometer and the magnet maybe?
  4. cyber3d

cyber3d New Member

mine is mounted horizontally with the Motorola holder and only today did it start doing that crazy behavior.
  5. krazykarl

krazykarl New Member

I had the problem with it occasionaly switching orientation while its mounted horizontally, and i just rotated the mount so that the top is tilted down slightly and that seemed to fix it. it seems that the little extra tilt is enough to keep the vibrations from exceeding whatever threshold there is for an orientation switch.
  6. bmore

bmore New Member

needs to be a way to lock the screen orientation for stuff like this.
  7. Parafly9

Parafly9 New Member

Isn't there an app for that?
Search tags for this page

droid vehicle mount problems