Motorola Teases Something Exciting for Next Week (Feb 25)

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
moto-dark-and-purple-logo.png

It looks like Motorola plans to surprise us ahead of Mobile World Congress. They sent out press teasers to let us know something exciting was coming next week. On Wednesday, February 25th, Motorola plans to unveil something which “fits inside one box." That's a rather vague teaser, but it still has us intrigued!

There won't be any streaming video reveal for whatever it is they have planned, so it is unlikely to be a fancy flagship. It could be anything from a third generation Moto G to a 2nd generation Moto 360 for all we know. What do you guys think Moto has up their sleeve?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
With LG just announcing the Urbane, I'm inclined to think it might be the next gen 360, unless they've decided to start another line of smartwatch.

It'll probably something totally different and lame though. That "fits inside one box" thing throws me off.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
From Moto: "everything you need fits inside one box." Excellent way to start rumors & speculation in the media.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm hoping for a new tablet... Maybe a Moto Tablet X?
Oh snap! They haven't made one of those in forever!

I'm thinking more of a convertible type device now though, the more I think about everything I need being inside this box that's left me with so many questions.

Does the box have a handle!?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Maybe a new phone, new watch, new tablet and new BT headset...all custom matched & color schemed (like a custom Moto Maker Moto X). Everything you need. In one expensive box!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Maybe a new phone, new watch, new tablet and new BT headset...all custom matched & color schemed (like a custom Moto Maker Moto X). Everything you need. In one expensive box!
And they're all interlocking. Hook them all together and your battery will last a week on the entire thing or unconnect them and hope for the best!

Does the box have a removable lid, or flaps? If it's meant to be portable, I'm hoping for flaps, so I don't have to remember to grab the lid when leaving places.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Is said box made of 100% recycled corrugate or only 80%? Due to the recent shipments of flux capacitors being transported to Motorola's Libertyville Illinois plant since last November, we were able to deduce that a new multi-modulated holographic speaking apparatus will soon be announced to the general public. C'mon, didn't anyone else see this coming?

S5 tap'n

DroidWarfare

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I'm thinking a phablet which kind of fits everything you need in one box... But I'm still hoping for a tablet.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk...

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
...we were able to deduce that a new multi-modulated holographic speaking apparatus will soon be announced to the general public.
S5 tap'n

Cool...I have been waiting for one of these:

starwars_hologram_1_e83caaed-106b-4c18-93c0-6422eda8ee8d.jpg

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm itching to get a tablet...not sure anything is really going to be much improvement over the Galaxy S 8.4, at least for my non-gaming needs....hoping to see something with a good stylus/digitizer and maybe 64-bit with 4gigs of ram.