Moto E LTE

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Gen%202%20Moto%20E%202015.jpg

The other day @dgstorm posted a story about Motorola releasing a "mystery" device on Feb 25th. Here we are and our mystery device is as I called it a Moto E LTE edition that will cost the user $150. So If you wanted a budget LTE phone you may be excited but for the rest of us it is just Wednesday. Actually I think an updated Moto E with LTE radios is a good thing especially with Verizon to carry them. A solid low end LTE smart phone for those on a budget or who rather not spend high dollar for a smart phone.

[Editor's Note: we also posted a leaked image of the above just yesterday:
Verizon Moto E 2nd Gen with 4G LTE Likely Being Revealed Soon Android Forum at DroidForums.net]

By the way what do I win for guessing right? [Editor's Note: a cookie? :p]

Source: Mysterious Motorola boxes arriving w a 2nd generation Moto E packed inside 9to5Google

Don't forget to check out our dedicated Moto E section here: Motorola Moto E Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Last edited by a moderator:

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
This might be a good throw away phone. Put in my Sim, take it tailgating or hiking. If it gets lost, no big deal.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This might be a good throw away phone. Put in my Sim, take it tailgating or hiking. If it gets lost, no big deal.
My thoughts exactly. A phone that you take with you where if it gets damaged or destroyed you are not as angry or a phone for a teen.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'm actually thinking of picking one up

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I'm curious to see if the Verizon version is usable on postpaid accounts. The Verizon variant of the Moto G doesn't work out of the box on postpaid accounts. I wouldn't be surprised if Verizon does something similar with the Moto E.

The unlocked version that's up for sale now through Motorola's website doesn't appear to have a CDMA radio or support for LTE band 13, so it's a no-go on Verizon. The Verizon mockup that's been floating around as of late will have to be a model with Verizon-specific hardware, so they might try to keep it prepaid only like the Moto G.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I just read that. Not going to be on vzw

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I just read that. Not going to be on vzw

It's not right now, but it might be before long. Verizon had a variant of the Moto G specifically for them, so I wouldn't be shocked if they end up with a variant of the new E as well. The mockup in the first post of this thread has been around for a few days and lends further evidence that it might be coming.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
The new Moto E is now available on Verizon Prepaid for $99 (off contract).

It's a great deal, but like most other Verizon Prepaid phones, this most likely can't be used on a postpaid account right off the bat. Their prepaid devices often have to be activated for 6 months on prepaid before they'll work on postpaid. This isn't always the case, but don't be disappointed if you pick this up as a backup device and you can't get it activated on your account.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
That sucks. Maybe I'll just get a prepaid acct for awhile. I really just need a cheap backup.

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
That sucks. Maybe I'll just get a prepaid acct for awhile. I really just need a cheap backup.

Save for a few months and just buy the phone direct from Moto. For $150, hot diggity, it's worth it IMO.

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
Hmmmm. Can you not buy it direct from Motorola? I thought was always an option.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Hmmmm. Can you not buy it direct from Motorola? I thought was always an option.
The version directly from Motorola doesn't have CDMA support or support for Verizon's LTE bands, so it can't be used on Verizon.

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
I hate Verizon. I mean, I don't make a secret of it, but I really dislike their network/device practices.

Sorry my friend. I wish I had more answers.