Moto E (2nd Gen) with LTE Now Available in the US for $150

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
moto-e-lte.jpg

Motorola now has the LTE version of the super-affordable Moto E (2nd Gen) up for grabs on their website. The device will run you $149.99, which is a bit more than previous rumors, yet is still a healthy discount for a decent LTE device. There is also a 3G version for only $119.99.

Here are the different options you have for the device regarding which carrier (the GSM/GPRS/EDGE bands are identical on each handset):

4G LTE – US GSM (XT1527):
UMTS/HSPA+ (850, 1700 (AWS), 1900 MHz)
4G LTE (2, 4, 5, 7, 12, 17)

3G US GSM (XT1511):
UMTS/HSPA+ (850, 1700 (AWS), 1900 MHz)

3G Global GSM (XT1505):
UMTS/HSPA+ (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz)

Here's a recap of the main specs for this budget-friendly smartphone:
  • Dual-core SoC to a 1.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 410
  • 8GB Storage
  • 4.5-inches 960 x 540 (qHD) Display
The device comes in black or white. Here's the link to check out this offer: Moto E 2nd Gen. - Motorola

Here's our dedicated Moto E section in the forums: Motorola Moto E Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I went ahead and ordered one of these for a few related reasons.

1. I started driving for Lyft and I don't like using my Nexus 6 in case someone gets frisky and wants to take off with my phone when getting out of the car.

2. I hate using my Nexus 6 while Lyft'ing because the screen is on the whole time, burn in bad.

3. I don't like using my Nexus 6 while Lyft'ing for wear on the battery implications.

This phone at $150 I don't really care about any of the above. So this will be my Lyft'ing phone and I will just move my SIM around.

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
Many people also forget that this phone has a very specific target. People on a low budget. They can get a new phone with reasonable features for a reasonable price.

sutariyaraj

Reaction score
It sounds Awesome.

That much cool phone in this budget.
Most Preferable. :) ;-)

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Whatever happened to the Moto G?

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
Motorola still makes the Moto G. Spec wise it sits between the Moto E and Moto X. I think it is just a little bit more expensive.

The specs are close. Both have a very little amount of storage, but allow for MicroSD cards. Not too bad for someone who cannot drop a lot of money on a phone.