Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Well it seems Motorola has something up their sleeves that they intend to reveal at the CES. Some are suggesting a device that will eliminate wall chargers..

[video=youtube;OoJ8mbn8mb4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoJ8mbn8mb4&feature=player_embedded[/video]

What are you're thoughts?

Last edited:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Intriguing, looking forward to seeing what comes of it and the rest of CES.

B

bens42608

Extremely interesting

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Maybe their phones will come with charging pads instead? That'd be great, get their own "power mat" going.

funwheeldrive

Reaction score
Maybe their phones will come with charging pads instead? That'd be great, get their own "power mat" going.

To be honest, I would rather have a phone that used a universal USB cord as opposed to a charging mat. With today's technology anyways.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
To be honest, I would rather have a phone that used a universal USB cord as opposed to a charging mat. With today's technology anyways.
I never used a powermat to be honest, but the idea of it is great. The only thing I hate is that you need the case for it to work. Maybe Moto is making their batteries with the same technology in it? We'll have to wait and see, but the idea of just leaving my phone on a mat sounds good to me. I tend to use my phone in the dark alot before I go to sleep and "fishing" for the usb port can take awhile sometimes:D, a mat would be nice.

BlairAllenVT

Reaction score

I agree. I like how lots of public locations, like airports, are starting to not only have AC outlets for customers, but USB ports as well. It'll be interesting to see what Motorola has designed. If it is some wireless charging system, it would have to be absolutely ingenious in order for it to take off. Current charging mats/battery packs are way too bulky & expensive. If you take your device that has a battery pack capable of charging wirelessly over to a friends house, you're SOL if they don't have a compatible charging mat/station.

Maybe they have developed a system like in Unreal Tournament where an energy beam is shot at your device to power up the battery, LOL ;)

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wifi or ota charging... ;)

posted tomorrow using the space time continuum app on my D1...

smokiedabong

Reaction score
OMG, Motorola discovered a way to harness energy from dark matter, now we don't need chargers.

Seeing how the sun plays a key role in this video and they present the passing of one day from dawn till dusk, the charger feels lonely through the day as the sun moves across the sky, I bet it's a phone with solar cells backing covered by a sheet of Gorilla glass. I wonder why nobody else made a phone like that so far.

Last edited:

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
So what they invented a crying charging cable? I don't see how a charging cable that cries is going to help anyone........:blink:

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Solar powered phone.

ntrddragn

Reaction score
Maybe is a lock bootloader that charges not only the consumers rage but also convert the rage into energy to power the phone? LMAO

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
maybe Motorola go a hold of some secret government alien technology and reverse engineered it to power our phones

conspiracy theorists converge here now lol