Motorola Mobility CEO Confirms September Release for Droid Bionic

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ceo-bionic-sept.jpg

It appears that rumors of a September launch for the Motorola Droid Bionic were accurate after all. Motorola Mobility Chief Executive Sanjay Jha, recently indicated during a CNET interview that the Motorola Droid Bionic is scheduled to be released in September. He also indicated that one other Motorola 4G LTE smartphone will likely be released later this year, along with another 10-inch tablet and a smaller tablet, and that both of these tablets will be sold both through a carrier and at retail chains.

Thanks to our tipsters!

Source: CNET

phatkat66

Reaction score
did they ever explain why it took so long or why it kept being delayed? I was so set on getting it this week so I can use it on my trip to Vegas.

DroidMastar2

Reaction score
Lol... so what does it mean that this guy said it... he's the same guy that said Motorola would be producing a 2Ghz(he meant dual core 1ghz) phone last year.

donerico

Reaction score
I wish we knew when the Galaxy S2 is coming. I need a phone now and don't want any of the ones currently available. September is way to far, it's probably going to be late September.

Reaction score
Well that sucks. My OG Droid just kicked the bucket and I was going to try and hold out until Thursday. I'm going to have to get an insurance phone to hold me over now.

azules9780

Reaction score
OOOHHH this is ticking me off! I have an upgrade and I want to use it but I need to make an informed decision on if I'm waiting for something that will suit me. Like is this a 4g phone because if it's not, then I'm waiting on something that will not even suit me. Galaxy S II sounds interesting but again! we don't even know if and when that will come here and if by then it won't be behind the curve either.

cb2000a

Reaction score
It appears that Sprint will get the Sammy first. Might have to jump ship....