Motorola Milestone A854 help

AlvinRoberts

Reaction score
I have a Motorola Milestone A854 on the Cellular South network (CDMA). It currently has the Android 2.1 software on it and it is not rooted. Apparently, from what I have seen, version 2.2 is not available for this phone. I have seen a lot about rooting, roms etc... Can anyone walk me through the best way to get version 2.2 to work on my phone? I have been pretty confused so far with what I have read as far as the different versions of the Milestone and different options. Thanks.

acissej

Reaction score
Hi I think I also have a similar problem, I have a motorola milestone 2. It is brand new but won't download anything. I have tried clearing the cache, canceling and re downloading but all it ever gets up to is starting download. Also whenever i try to see if my downloads are downloading it says my download is paused and in the queue. I dont know why though i am getting my downloads from the market.
Please Help!!!
Please write dear acissej at the begginning so I know who you are talking to.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Acissej....try clearing data for the market app. If that doesn't work try a factory data reset.

end of line...

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Alvin, you have the US Milestone, any ROM for the Droid will work for you. Try z4root that should get you rooted, or superoneclick root. Then anything that works for the Droid will work for you.

end of line...

acissej

Reaction score
Motorola Milestone 2 help

Hey, that information you gave me sort of helped, i deleted all the data in the market and now it says the download is paused and the other download which wasnt todo with the maret but also wasnt working is gone (and i payed for that one). What do I do to get it properly downloading? and What do i do to find my missing download?

PLEASE HELP!!!

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
You might just have to do a factory data reset. Its a pain but its always one of the steps in troubleshooting these things. Its in settings: privacy. You'll be starting from a blank slate, like you first got the phone.

end of line...

acissej

Reaction score

will all my contacts also dissapear and will i also have too pay for the download again. will i loose images ect.

I dont understand what the factory reset does?

Where do i find it?

Also just as an extra, how do i send a song or image through bluetooth on the phone?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
No when you log back in to your google account you contacts will resync and your apps will too. Paid apps are tied to your account better than the free ones, they always come back, but you never have to rebuy them.

end of line...

acissej

Reaction score

My downloads are still saying that they are queued and my other download that i bought is still not there, WHY?

Also how do I send bluetooth messages on this phone, I know how to retrieve them but not send them?

Last of all, how do i change the layout and the menu colour of my phone?

remember i am only new at this and do not understand all those technical words!!!

PLEASE HELP!!!

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I don't know how to send things through BT.
Have you tried it over wifi?
Could be a network issue...

end of line...

acissej

Reaction score

What do you mean have I tried it over WI-FI,
What is WI-FI,
And what is a network,

WHAT DO I NEED TO DO EXACTLY???

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Wifi is wireless internet basically. The network is your cell phone company's 3G signal. The cellular network. Do you have a good signal? Is the 3G symbol showing? How many bars do you have?

end of line...

acissej

Reaction score
yes i do have good signal, there are 4 bars showing and the 3G symbol is switching between 3G and H.

What do you think i should do???

PLEASE HELP!!!

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
yes i do have good signal, there are 4 bars showing and the 3G symbol is switching between 3G and H.

What do you think i should do???

PLEASE HELP!!!

Call your cell provider and see if there's a tower issue. It shouldn't be fluctuating. Or go to the store you bought it and see if there's an issue with the phone itself. If a factory reset didn't fix it, there's not much more we can do on the forum.

end of line...

acissej

Reaction score
But my internet is working perfectly and that is wireless, do you mean i need to call vodiphone???

please be more specific...