Motorola Going up for Sale for 4.5 Billion in 2010

DroidSickness

Reaction score
I cant beilive this **** I just read this article discussing companies that will disapear in 2010 and Motorola was on the list. I mean it wont really disapear but it will be bought and if so the name can change unless all assests and copyrights are sold which is just crazy. They had a cap worth of 19 billion. This just doesnt make any sense.

Heres the link
Ten Brands That Will Disappear in 2010 - AOL Money & Finance

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Blockbuster is already done!.....

Never placed much trust in anything from AOL...

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thats interesting, might be the good time to buy the stock!

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
But the future for the division is brighter, primarily due to its new Droid phone which has sold remarkably well and is being heavily promoted by Verizon Wireless.

They may not sell after a final quarter like they are getting.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Seems like they have been selling off for years. Couple years back the same story was floating around.

On Droids

Reaction score
But the future for the division is brighter, primarily due to its new Droid phone which has sold remarkably well and is being heavily promoted by Verizon Wireless.

Yes but the Droid is just the 'pretty" case that is enclosing the heart of the success...once that heart is available to other vendors they will have more 'pretty' case options, not just Motorola's design.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Yes but the Droid is just the 'pretty" case that is enclosing the heart of the success...once that heart is available to other vendors they will have more 'pretty' case options, not just Motorola's design.

While that is true, you think they wouldn't make another handset. The problem is that there is always competing providers. So far, i HATE htc.. so i will never get one of their units unless it was a god unit (prolly never gonna happen). I really wasn't a huge fan of Motorola, i know they made decent units back in the day, and so far this unit has been great for me. restored a little confidence back in motorola. So we shall see what other vendors decide to really throw themselves into the android market.

On Droids

Reaction score

While that is true, you think they wouldn't make another handset. The problem is that there is always competing providers. So far, i HATE htc.. so i will never get one of their units unless it was a god unit (prolly never gonna happen). I really wasn't a huge fan of Motorola, i know they made decent units back in the day, and so far this unit has been great for me. restored a little confidence back in motorola. So we shall see what other vendors decide to really throw themselves into the android market.

Maybe one of those 'too little too late' scenarios for MOTO. While its true they haven't had the best internals in their previous phone models I have used nothing but Motorola handsets since the original bagphone designs. Drawn to their durability and and dependabilty of the actual units. At those times I did not need any business heavy applications therefore how the actual equipment was going to hold up in the rigors of everyday life was more important to me. Not that no one has never had an issue with Moto units, for me I have never had a letdown from their cell phone products. Getting to this point has been a long road but certainly worth the wait. Glad to see you have found some renewed interest in a Moto product! Nice chatting with you NEW2U. :)