Motorola Mobility Sued by Shareholder to Stop Sale to Google

NoBloatware

Reaction score
And you honestly think this acqusition will not benefit current share holders? Really?

I guess you're talking to me. The deal will obviously benefit any shareholders who bought the stock at a lower price than the proposed purchase price. That being said, the deal may not be fair to those shareholders. Just because the price has gone up quite a lot it doesn't necessarily mean that it shouldn't be higher. That's the point of the lawsuit. The guy thinks that the proposed deal is too low, not fair, not a good idea. I don't have the facts to make a judgment either way but I'm not going to jump to conclusions and say he's wrong, greedy, and he "should be happy". What if MMI is worth twice as much as Google's offer? How can anyone say shareholders should shut up and take the money? That's not good business sense. Leaving money on the table is a bad strategy.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
I think I would let outside market analysts (obviously not related or affiliated to the two companies profiting from this deal, Moto and Google), and people with business experience who can effectively and more-or-less analyze the worth of something talk for me than have one angry shareholder try to strong arm the deal to squeeze more from google. Because that's all he is trying to do. Its a good idea for the shareholders dont get me wrong, but I think this angry response and claims of getting unfairly shafted is all noise to nickel and dime the corporation.

Although I will note that numerous times when a failing company is bought, the share offer is generally less than what the company is worth on the market. MMI may be seeing dropped revenues, but that hardly qualifies as failing. they will not lose large amounts of worth or go negative and file bankruptcy any time soon. Any inflated share price we see would be from people investing to try and take advantage of google's deal, and if enough of that happens google would probably have to renegotiate their paying price.

I think this angered lunatic just jumped the gun too early.

djrajir

Reaction score
I think I would let outside market analysts (obviously not related or affiliated to the two companies profiting from this deal, Moto and Google), and people with business experience who can effectively and more-or-less analyze the worth of something talk for me than have one angry shareholder try to strong arm the deal to squeeze more from google. Because that's all he is trying to do. Its a good idea for the shareholders dont get me wrong, but I think this angry response and claims of getting unfairly shafted is all noise to nickel and dime the corporation.

Although I will note that numerous times when a failing company is bought, the share offer is generally less than what the company is worth on the market. MMI may be seeing dropped revenues, but that hardly qualifies as failing. they will not lose large amounts of worth or go negative and file bankruptcy any time soon. Any inflated share price we see would be from people investing to try and take advantage of google's deal, and if enough of that happens google would probably have to renegotiate their paying price.

I think this angered lunatic just jumped the gun too early.

This is what I feel about the whole thing.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Picasso71

Reaction score
I think he could possibly have a legitimate claim depending on the percent of shares he holds. Regardless if what he is sueing for is smart or not

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
And what if his lawsuit were to throw a monkey wrench into the gears and in the end, killed the purchase of Motorola from Google?

What will his stock prices look like then?

This is just some jackoff looking for a payout. Sue them, they want the deal to go through so they pay him off in order to continue. That is what the majority of our legal system is today, it's a giant ATM machine where people abuse the laws in order to transfer money from one person to another, by force.