Motorola Droid4 mount cable SKN6394A

Discussion in 'Droid 4 Hacks' started by bkenobi69, May 9, 2013.

1. bkenobi69

bkenobi69 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm sure the inductive charging mat would work fine, I'd just rather not go that route yet since it makes the phone bulkier (and it's a good chunk of change). I was referring to the fact that the charging and audio cables were run next to each other for 3ft which could induce voltage from one to the other. I f that was the problem, a ferrite core could help. But, if that were truly the issue, then every ipod should have the same issue since running charge and audio in a cable is standard practice for them. I am doing that with the ZVM, but it's only a 6" run.

2. myfishbear

myfishbear Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +31
    then try it... just trying to save u a headache cuz that's not the problem. the problem comes from a spotty board design with common grounds which bleed power into each other. cable mods will not help you. you can try getting another adapter like this one if you don't want inductive charging http://www.amazon.com/BlueGate-Blue...1368555305&sr=8-3&keywords=bluetooth receiver

#14 myfishbear, May 14, 2013
    Last edited: May 14, 2013
  3. bkenobi69

bkenobi69 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It's not the inductive charging that I'm trying to avoid, it's the line level output I want to save. I don't really want to send audio out the headphone jack which would use the low quality headphone amp i n the phone. Using line level output should reduce quality loss when going to the vehicle stereo. But it sounds like you are saying that the wiring in either the phone or the adapter the mount have a shared ground somewhere. if so, then there is nothing that can be done. The only solution at that point is installing some form of isolation in the charging circuit to keep charge ground isolated from vehicle ground thus breaking the loop, right? That's effectively what using qi does for you, correct?

4. myfishbear

myfishbear Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +31
    Lol i thought i was clear but here i drew you a picture. IF THEY GROUNDED THE 3.5MM JACK TO THE SOUND CHIP YOU WOULD PROB NOT GET THE GROUND LOOP. Im out lol
    View attachment 62886

#16 myfishbear, May 15, 2013
    Last edited: May 15, 2013
  5. bkenobi69

bkenobi69 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Understood. Thanks for the help.

Search tags for this page
diy htc rezound mount
ground loop isolator car charger
maxx hd cable skn6394a