Car dock usb cable?

drysdan

Reaction score
So I just got my motorola car cradle from verizon wireless, and the little booklet with it mentions an 'audio and car charging cable' and shows a diagram of a cable that's both usb-micro usb, and also has a 3.5mm audio on it. That cable was not included with the car dock. The car dock only came with a normal 3.5mm audio cable.

I can't find that dual cable on the verizon accessories site, either. Am I missing something here?

I guess I could plug the car dock in with just a normal usb-micro usb cable, but a single cable would be better.

tjk775

Reaction score
I went and bought a lil griffin USB charger thing and its a constant 12v from the car battery. The USB plugs in there and that 3.5 male to male is plugged into that USB coming out of the cradle and goes to my deck (avh-p4200dvd) and works great.

OP
D

drysdan

Reaction score
Perhaps I didn't communicate clearly, or i misunderstood you. I have a car charger, which I can plug into the dock. It will keep my phone charging when it's on the dock.

But the dock didn't come with a usb cable of any kind. It's supposed to have a special usb cable that also has the 3.5mm headphone jack, right? That way you only have put the phone in the dock, and you don't have to plug anything into the phone directly.

As it is, if I want to plug my phone's audio into my stereo, I have to plug a regular 3.5 male to male cable into the headphone jack on the phone.
The dock came with that cable, but no usb cable to plug the dock itself into.

I thought the whole point of a dock is that you don't have to plug anything into the phone.

tjk775

Reaction score
Lol... well that sucks... it looks like a normal micro USB but has a female headphone jack by the normal USB end.... and it didn't come with one??? Id take it back and be like wtf... lol cuz when you drop the phone in... pandora music stuff like that should then go right to your stereo

OP
D

drysdan

Reaction score
Lol... well that sucks... it looks like a normal micro USB but has a female headphone jack by the normal USB end.... and it didn't come with one??? Id take it back and be like wtf... lol cuz when you drop the phone in... pandora music stuff like that should then go right to your stereo

Yeah, that cable is shown in the little booklet that came with the dock, but it didn't come with it. It's not listed in the 'package includes' section on the side of the box...
Your dock came with it? Where did you buy your dock?

tjk775

Reaction score
I bought it at Verizon a lil kiosk in the mall for I think $35... hmm weird

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

tjk775

Reaction score
This lil guy right...?? Did you buy it at Verizon or some third party??

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1316731319372.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1316731319372.jpg
    327 KB · Views: 526
OP
D

drysdan

Reaction score
This lil guy right...?? Did you buy it at Verizon or some third party??

Yeah, that's the same picture from my little booklet. I bought it direct from verizon's website. Cost $39.99 The box only included the dock and the 3.5mm male to male cable.

tjk775

Reaction score
Lame it should come with a a lil round black disk for the mount encase you want to put it on the dash or something and the texture doest let it suction

Pjohn91

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
same as the Bionic....there is a couple threads about it. Mine was 19 bucks additional, it ships from verizon SKU# MICAUXCAB

OP
D

drysdan

Reaction score
same as the Bionic....there is a couple threads about it. Mine was 19 bucks additional, it ships from verizon SKU# MICAUXCAB

Just ordered one. Had to call Verizon customer service, since I couldn't find it listed on any website to order one. But they apparently dropped the price. It was $14.99.