Motorola Droid X Vs HTC EVO 4G

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by danDroid, Jul 10, 2010.

1. danDroid

danDroid DF Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +151
    Hands on Face Off between the Motorola Droid X and HTC EVO 4G

2. didiwags

didiwags Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have to say I think the pics on the Droid X are better then the Evo's! I think that the X is faster and that may be just because it is on a better network!! Cant wait to get the X!

3. Jim 777

Jim 777 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Droid X is the first thing to make me look away from my droid. Nice.

4. Mattjames

Mattjames Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Well after researching about both Android Phones, I create my own comparison between these two phones, Motorola Droid X Vs HTC EVO 4G. Check out:

Motorola Droid X Vs HTC EVO 4G

5. citronbull

citronbull Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Nice thorough comparison. Thanks, EVO users should not have any argument about battery life. Both great phones,Android FTW. iphone/irecall can suck it!

6. Wnclivin

Wnclivin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Nice. Thanks!

7. Mattjames

Mattjames Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes that's a true about battery life and EVO user knows it very well.:)

8. JBHorner

JBHorner New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This seems a bit biased to me...and at least in one comparison point, opposite of what I've read (and experienced).

Examples:
    - Soft buttons versus hard buttons. Who's to say one is better than the other? I actually prefer the soft buttons on the Evo (and prior Droid).
    - The Evo has 2.2, not 2.1. (It originally shipped with 2.1, and was updated in August to 2.2.)
    - The camera on the Evo has been noted in many places as better than the Droid X. This is my experience as well. The focus on the Droid X seems to be more of an art than a science.
    - I haven't found much of a difference in browsing.
    - My battery life is completely opposite of the review. I've actually switched the phones on different days to see if it was merely a usage-based difference. Alas, the Droid X consistently pales in comparison the the Evo. Now, this said, I do have the 4G turned off on the Evo. (Which I believe is fair if one is going to do a comparison.)

I believe the Evo is better in the following areas:
    - Camera (again, this differs from the review) I am not including video, as I have not personally done a comparison between the two.
    - WiFi; the Droid X and WiFi are a royal pain to me. The signal is poor, and it drops for no reason.
    - Customization; I like to have different ringtones for different email accounts. The Evo does this, I've not found a way to do that on the Droid X. (The Droid did this as well.) If I'm wrong about this, I'd be happy to eat my words just to have the feature! I'd also like to have different synchronization time intervals by account.
    - Exchange Synchronization; I've found this to be far more reliable on the Evo.
    - Bluetooth; The Droid X likes to stop working with my Bluetooth devices for no apparent reason. It will show they're connected, but the are in fact not connected.
    - Shortcuts; I'd like the ability to have "direct dial" and "direct message" without using a Motorola widget.
    - Contact pictures. I have them in Exchange. They show up on EVERY other handset I use/have used. Not with the Droid X.
    - The Droid X has poorer RF characteristics than other handsets I've utilized. (Inclusive of the Evo.) Something is really wrong when I find that my Evo has better network capabilities (making/holding calls, etc.) than the Droid X.
    - Heat; Why is it that the Droid X must get so hot when utilizing data? I was using Google Maps the other day, and I thought the phone was going to melt. (Not to mention, it hung. I ended up using my Evo to continue my drive.)

I know there will likely be fixes to some of these issues, but the review is current state. (I presume.)

Joel

9. EgooEspada

EgooEspada Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The more I've used my friends Evo 4G, the more I want a device like that. I'm picking up a Droid X, but I seriously want an Evo. I know theres a Evo - like device coming, arguably looks better and on a better network, but by the looks of it it wont land till Q1 2011. :(

But my Droid X will hold me over till January or whenever that thing will land.

10. Freelancer

Freelancer Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for this, and also for the comments, Joel. After hearing that an HTC phone very similar to the EVO will be coming to Verizon, and as I'm eligible for an upgrade from my Droid 1, the X and the future Verizon EVO-like HTC phone were what I was considering (provided I can ween myself off the Droid 1's physical keyboard by then).

I think I'll hold off for the HTC EVO-like phone.

11. Juicemane

Juicemane Bang Bang Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4
    You might want to run that bad boy through a spell checker and do some proof reading... Is English not your native language?

12. Mattjames

Mattjames Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for some points which clear my ignorance and it help to understand both phones more better way!