Motorola Droid X Case Reviews!

tomah

Reaction score
i have the bodyglove snap on case. case is good quality. kind of difficult to snap it off if you need to do a battery pull. does not add much thickness to the phone itself. has removable dimple on the rear if you dont like using the swivel clip. has a plug for the removed dimple spot. i rate it 9/10 :)

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I got the "carbon fiber" snap on case. It is just a black plastic snap on that is wrapped in some sort of carbon fiber fabric so it has sort of a soft feel to the outside. It was 24.99, paid like 20.50 after my discount. So far I'm really liking it. It should last me until Seidio or Otterbox release something more beastly.

Cathbad

Reaction score
Another case

The fellow at a larger Verizon store agreed that you should not have a magnet in the case.
He sold me a case that may be the same one mentioned above. It is quit nice, but I wouldn't use it if I were likely to find myself in a crowd.
I'm waiting for a company I like to come out with their case.

Warner

Reaction score
The fellow at a larger Verizon store agreed that you should not have a magnet in the case.
He sold me a case that may be the same one mentioned above. It is quit nice, but I wouldn't use it if I were likely to find myself in a crowd.
I'm waiting for a company I like to come out with their case.

It's curious that Verizon would sell a case with a magnet closure that has their name on it that's specifically FOR the X, isn't it?

Warner

R

RETG

i personally would wait for a seidio one.

Why? I've spent around $200 on Seidio accessories and it's all been for naught. Wasted cash. I will never purchase a Seidio product again.

Did your BB get scratched up under the case? Mine sure did, at the top, under the case, above the screen. Now I need the case to hide the scratches. Not sure I'll ever use a case again.

ocholoco

Reaction score
I got the "carbon fiber" snap on case. It is just a black plastic snap on that is wrapped in some sort of carbon fiber fabric so it has sort of a soft feel to the outside. It was 24.99, paid like 20.50 after my discount. So far I'm really liking it. It should last me until Seidio or Otterbox release something more beastly.

where did you pick up your "carbon fiber" case ?

missrachel

Reaction score
Just my $.02 on Amzer cases...

I have bought Amzer rubberized silicon cases for my Moto Droid on Amazon.com for $3 AFTER shipping!!! I have also spent nearly $20 on a Seidio Innocase and honestly...... they are pretty much the same! In fact, it is my SEIDIO case has a crack in it!! I am not hating on Seidio, because the case gets the job done, but cheaper Amzer cases definitely get the same job done just as well... lol...

Two thumbs up for Amzer...

Droid X camera bulge + case = ??? lol

kdkinc

Reaction score
I bought the Silicone case at VZW for 19.99. I didn't want to wait several days to get it from else where.
It a nice blue cover and does not have the slimy feel of cases I've used in the past. It has a stiff texture.

The only fault is that the side buttons are covered by the case. Their are molded indents so you can push the buttons such as the camera.
I found the camera indent a bit stiff. So I took a small razor knife and cut the case indent length ways to relive the indent stress. The indent is still their but much easier to control the camera button.

so much for my tacky tip...

icon6.gif
icon6.gif

Reaction score
I bought the Silicone case at VZW for 19.99. I didn't want to wait several days to get it from else where.
It a nice blue cover and does not have the slimy feel of cases I've used in the past. It has a stiff texture.

The only fault is that the side buttons are covered by the case. Their are molded indents so you can push the buttons such as the camera.
I found the camera indent a bit stiff. So I took a small razor knife and cut the case indent length ways to relive the indent stress. The indent is still their but much easier to control the camera button.

so much for my tacky tip...

icon6.gif
icon6.gif

Whatever works, right?

Cathbad

Reaction score
Another case

View attachment 11987

View attachment 11988
The sales guy a Verizon was helpful.
Having told me that I should not have a case with a magnet and that he didn't have anything with Velcro that would fit he came up with the case in the picture. There is a holder on the belt with a clip. The phone is in a rather rigid "glove" and sits in the holder. It is good but...
I would not want to be in a crowd. It could be pulled right out of the holder and I can't run or fight.
So I'll avoid crowds until I get the case I really want.dancedroid

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score

where did you pick up your "carbon fiber" case ?
From my local verizon store. They had that one and the pink/purple/blue silicone cases.

Domestic violence

Reaction score
i personally would wait for a seidio one.

Wasted cash. I will never purchase a Seidio product again.

i bought an Innocase and holster for my Droid. One of the tabs for the rear cover broke and i sent them an email requesting replacement. they immediately denied any type of support- saying that they only had record of me buying the holster- not the Innocase.

i replied and suggested that i send the broken case to them to verify that i actually had it.... nope. denied.

i sent ANOTHER email expressing my displeasure with their lack of customer service and added the fact that they didnt even attempt to sell another Innocase to me. :icon_eek:

so- i too will never, ever buy a Seidio product again. while their quality may be in-line with competitors, their total disregard and failure to satisfy a paying customer doesnt sit too well with me.

this is on top of all the Blackberry cases that i purchased prior to the Droid.

so Seidio wont be getting business from me- or anyone that i know if i am asked an opinion.

Cathbad

Reaction score
Fight back

You must have some proof that you bought the case.
Send it to the Attorney General of their State. There will almost certainly be a Fraud or Consumer Dept. You may still not get your money back or a new case, but it could cost them a lot more if the State people start looking into them.
Good luck.

statik

Reaction score
droidmeetsbling.jpg

Pretty pimp eh?

$154 bucks on eBay. I feel sorry for whatever future Droid X has to wear this badge of shame.