Motorola Droid X Case Reviews!

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Let's hear 'em! Post your Motorola Droid X Case Reviews.

imail724

Reaction score
Yeah I currently have a seidio on my blackberry. It is very nice, but for the price I would have liked it if the corners didn't break so everytime I drop it the case pops off.

jimbo1mcm

Reaction score
Amzer 88612 Silicone Case for Droid X

I ordered one of these. On the Amzer website. Shipping is July 14. Someone asked me if the back is open to allow for the 2 microphone holes. I don't know and sent an email to Amzer. Awaiting answer. If it isn't it shouldn't be too hard to modify it.

Update: 6/30 I called Amzer since I haven't heard yet. The person told me that the individual responsible would get back to me tomorrow. Pictures or it didn't happen!!

Update: 7/2 No word at all from Amzer. I guess when I get the case I will take a photo of it and post a review. The case and the phone will arrive around the same time. It is amazing that a company can be so stupid. I told them that I post on Droid forums and they still haven't gotten back to me. If I owned that company I would be kicking ass.

Another update: Just sent an email to the CEO, letting him know that I didn't think very much of his employees or his company. Got a stock reply that the case was not in stock!!!! No one gives a rat's a--
Another update: Just sent an email to the CEO, letting him know that I didn't think very much of his employees or his company. Got a stock reply that the case was not in stock!!!! No one gives a rat's a--.

Update#36 : The CEO got back to me and said he would ship the case to me first. He also said that there is a clear space in the back for the microphone hole. We'll see. Will post with Photo when it comes. I don't expect it until close to the 15th.

Update: 7/8/10: I have been notified that my Amzer 88612 will be received by me on Friday 7/9. I will photograph it and post it.

Last edited:

Dark_Jedi

Reaction score
I ordered one of these. On the Amzer website. Shipping is July 14. Someone asked me if the back is open to allow for the 2 microphone holes. I don't know and sent an email to Amzer. Awaiting answer. If it isn't it shouldn't be too hard to modify it.

Thanks please let us know as i am thinking about grabbing this case.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score

I would definitely want to hear what they say about that. I like to get my cases early, but that has been a mistake in the past. When I preordered my Droid last year, I bought a case ahead of time. It ended up not having the correct holes cut. The body glove ended up being too big for my liking, the Verizon shell/holster combo didn't fit all that well, and I finally settled on the Seidio Innocase and holster. Needless to say, I don't want to buy that many cases this time!

Goalier95

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Verizon stores will carry the Droid X accessories before July 15th? The deluxe leather pouch is what I'll probably get:

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I hope they have at least a few of the cases in stock on the 15th because I plan on getting one there in person. I want to be able to hold it in my hand before I pull the trigger.

Kandiru

Reaction score
New here, a Palm 755P addict to the point that i had
them ordered from ebay, on my 4th now, technology
just bouncing forward. The Pre Plus just not enough, look
at 10,000 users on Verizon rating their Droids 4.8 stars.
Main deal is that i will be able to claim credits for professional continuing education
while browsing relevant topics online, as opposed to
carrying reference on a min-SD card. Pray for me, i will
be using ActiveSync to migrate, of course i would not
leave data on Verizon's server for longer than an hour even
if they paid me :)

Here is what is similar:

Droid X: 5 x 2.6 x 0.4"

Clie TG50: 5 x 2.875 X 0.5"

Evo 4G: 4.8 x 2.6 x 0.4"

So for the constant BT headset user:

At work 4HX aka Luxmo Evo 4G ebay. 4G users claim
it fits the phone with the gel cover:

200810222503.jpg

200810171420.jpg

2008101714131.jpg

At home, Clie TG50 aluminum bangup put-it-in-pocket-and-forget case off Amazon:

41Y01T3svgL._SS500_.jpg

Hope they work, the leather one while able to eat the Evo 4G skinned, may not allow it with the Droid X.

Love Luxmo penny cases, outstanding quality so far on 3 phones, and look good with a 3 piece suit.

Watch the Verizon pouch posted above, it has no belt loop so you will lose your phone. Also for that price
you get 6 Luxmos. That way you can keep one on every belt you own.

Also have penny micro HDMI, gel glove, car chargers, 5 extra chargers, gloss and anti-glare screen protectors on their way eeeebay.
Needless to say i am psyched about the X.

Last edited:

j3oomerang

Reaction score
What I don't like about the Amzer case is how the hardware buttons are touching the case. I would prefer there to be some more room; but hopefully it won't cause any issues.