Motorola Droid X Case Reviews!

tedmeister

Reaction score
near indestructible case wanted

Had a metal Innopocket case for my old Palm. Have just upgraded to the Droid X, and now I don't see any decent cases, nor any reviews in this whole thread indicating what I consider a good case (my metal case is full of nicks, dents, and scratches, but the the Treo keeps on working and looks still new despite dozens of crashes onto concrete, down stairs, etc.) I sent an email to the Innopocket guys asking if they were planning on a metal sleeve case for the DX (they have one for the iPhone) and am awaiting a reply.

In the meantime, I have this crappy plastic two piece shell one that Verizon included as part of their intro package, and I am terrified of dropping the unit and destroying it. Are any other cases out there:

1. Highly protective
2. The phone is always in it (I drop out of my own hands sometimes)
3. The case can hook onto your belt, some kind of two-piece arrangement

Anyone seen or found anything like this yet?

Kheovnien

Reaction score
droidmeetsbling.jpg

Pretty pimp eh?

$154 bucks on eBay. I feel sorry for whatever future Droid X has to wear this badge of shame.
umm....that's an iphone 3G(s) case....

MajorChachi

Reaction score
Enter your location

This is what I have.

It's looks nice and sleek. It's a perfect fit to the DX so it doesn't stretch out of place. It covers all but the mics (of course), power button, HDMI and USB port, lanyard, and camera (duh ;p)

I bought some screen covers and they aren't that great, but this is about the cover.

I have used the stretchy, "classic" silicone cases and not liked them on other products. I was referred to this case and I love it!

And there are FOUR COOL COLORS! Ok, ok, at least the black case looks great :)

Station2

Reaction score
Anyone try the pelican i1015 case, it has a tight seal and meant for the out doors..even has built in head phone jack..i believe it fits the droid x snug?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

tedmeister

Reaction score
Nice case. I have Pelicans for my camera equipment when I travel to do underwater photography. But although a total protection, it looks somewhat inconvenient - ie to grab from your belt when it is ringing, maybe with one hand because you're dragging luggage with the other hand - for an everyday case. Super if you have the DX on a boat though...

Station2

Reaction score
Exactly, the use for outdoor activities is the only reason to consider..lol I will be on the boat this week, speaking of, gonna have to pick one up

DROID X with Tapatalk

garath

Reaction score
So no one has tried the leather belt holster straight from Verizon? Or does it have a magnet in it which is why everyone is avoiding it?

I prefer belt clips for my phones. I've never had a lot of luck keeping a phone in my pocket. It always falls out. I'm ordering my X tomorrow and would like to get SOMETHING to hold it with it until Seido gets their accessories out.

I suppose I'll go with a silicone case and put it in my pocket for now but I'd really like a belt holster.

Warner

Reaction score
So no one has tried the leather belt holster straight from Verizon? Or does it have a magnet in it which is why everyone is avoiding it?

I prefer belt clips for my phones. I've never had a lot of luck keeping a phone in my pocket. It always falls out. I'm ordering my X tomorrow and would like to get SOMETHING to hold it with it until Seido gets their accessories out.

I suppose I'll go with a silicone case and put it in my pocket for now but I'd really like a belt holster.

I'm using the Verizon branded leather belt case and love it. No issues with it whatsoever. I can't believe Verizon would sell a case specifically designed for one of their phones that would damage the phone.

Warner

garath

Reaction score

I'm using the Verizon branded leather belt case and love it. No issues with it whatsoever. I can't believe Verizon would sell a case specifically designed for one of their phones that would damage the phone.

Warner

Glad to hear it! Does it use a magnet to keep the flap down? The only concern with the magnet is it switches the phone to docking mode and leaves the screen on, killing battery life.