Motorola Droid Turbo XT1254 Dual Camera Video/Pics

pwrdbykyank

Reaction score
Hey guys, was working on a personal project for fun, modified a droid turbo a bit to add a second camera to see what it would look like if it had dual cameras. The second camera doesn't work, just there for visual purposes. Would you guys go for a dual cam turbo or you think the single camera looks better?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Being a fan of three dimensional video and single images, and being an owner of an HTC Evo 3D, I would love to have stereoscopic cameras on the turbo. Of course I don't think we'll see that because obviously the turbo display is not three-dimensional and so taking three dimensional photos and videos would be somewhat useless. By the way, did you do the racing stripe yourself? I love the look! I have the ballistic nylon in 64Gb as well, and the small red accent at the bottom although interesting, is very very muted whereas the racing stripe really adds lots of flair.

I was actually very interested in the red colored 32 gig model but when I discovered that it only came in 32 gig and that the only way to get the 64 gig with to go with ballistic nylon, I gave up on my visual appeal for the RED backed phone and decided to go with the ballistic nylon instead. I'd love to have the racing stripe on mine just like you're showing there, and frankly wouldn't mind if the entire back nylon were red in that same format. I'd be interested in knowing how you did it, and I'm sure there are others as well.

OP
P

pwrdbykyank

Reaction score
I took out the camera lens, led flashes, and moto logo and then taped up the parts I didn't want painted with masking tape and used an airbrush to paint a couple of light layers over. I was thinking also it might be possible to get it stitched over, but never got around to finding a place to do that. :)

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
You could provide that as a service... I'm sure there would be some takers for custom airbrushed backs. Given the texture of the Nylon, the color could remain deeper in the fibers long after any might have worn off the top surfaces.

It looks factory and awesome!

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I took out the camera lens, led flashes, and moto logo and then taped up the parts I didn't want painted with masking tape and used an airbrush to paint a couple of light layers over. I was thinking also it might be possible to get it stitched over, but never got around to finding a place to do that. :)
Very cool pwr! Please post up some pics of the finished product if you can.

S5 tap'n