Motorola Camera Update

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Moto just published a new camera update to the play store recently that adds built in QC code scanning. Just focus your camear on a QR code and when the phone recognizes the code, a little QR code symbol will drop into the bottom center of the camera window. Tap the symbol and there are options to "Go To Website" "Copy" etc. It looks like this update works on the Droid Turbo, Moto X 2014 and Moto Maxx.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I wish every camera app had this. It's so rare that I have to scan a QR code, but I leave a QR scanner installed just in case. Would be nice for my camera to just recognize a code and process it without the need for a separate app.

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I wish every camera app had this. It's so rare that I have to scan a QR code, but I leave a QR scanner installed just in case. Would be nice for my camera to just recognize a code and process it without the need for a separate app.

I agree. I was pretty surprised and happy to see that in the update notes. Same thing...I hardly ever use it, but now I can uninstall the Play Store scanner app and just use my built in camera. Pretty cool!

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I just received notice of the update on my MAXX.

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I just received notice of the update on my MAXX.

The Droid Maxx was not listed as compatible with the new QR scanner, but the Moto Maxx was. They are very similar phones. I hope it works on the Droid Maxx also.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
The Droid Maxx was not listed as compatible with the new QR scanner, but the Moto Maxx was. They are very similar phones. I hope it works on the Droid Maxx also.
Bummer. Another reason for me to throw this phone off a bridge.

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Bummer. Another reason for me to throw this phone off a bridge.
No way, that is an awesome phone. I loved mine. There are a few things about it they I liked better than the Turbo. The new update may work and they just didn't list that phone in the notes.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
It's okay for day to day but too heavy for activities, like running.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I was just coming to post this, too. Very cool! #pleased. Compatible with the Moto X Pro, too.
Also got a Gallery update that adds the ability to sort pics into albums aka folders (awesome) or move to SD Card. Move to Sd Card? Could it be coming back???

Tap'n Turbo

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I was just coming to post this, too. Very cool! #pleased. Compatible with the Moto X Pro, too.
Also got a Gallery update that adds the ability to sort pics into albums aka folders (awesome) or move to SD Card. Move to Sd Card? Could it be coming back???

Tap'n Turbo
I just saw the Gallery update. Good day for Moto apps!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Just wondering why a camera app needs my device history

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I've been having a real problem to get the QR reader to work. It did work once out of 20 attempts. It appears you hover over the code and the camera will capture it when it wants to. So I'm not deleting my other reader App just yet.

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Screenshot_2015-08-28-08-07-27-picsay.jpg

The yellow/green ball pops up after you have hovered the camera over the QR code which can take a min or two then click on that ball for options.