Motorola Camera Update

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Works perfectly on our very convoluted business cards. Our IT Manager (me, duh) had an idea to put QR codes on our business cards with contact info. Scan *Click > Add to contacts. Works great. It makes the QR card pretty messy, but every reader I test works great with it...including the new Moto one...

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I tried two different codes for ads and websites yesterday and both read within a few seconds

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
*Tip Don't zoom in to the point where the code takes up the entire screen.

Look at this janky code:
QRRead.jpg

/EDIT/ Pic I wanted the first time. That was the range where it snapped in about 3 seconds. I'm sure lighting is a factor, but again, NOT full screen. I think generally smaller is better.
Pic didn't turn out quite how I wanted. But that was the distance at which the code registered.

Have you ever seen such a tightly packed one? BTW, app is MILES above the options my old, now removed, QR code reader gave me.

QR2.jpg

The old one was pretty much "OPEN - SAVE TO CONTACTS". I can click Call? Email? Map? Very cool.

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I installed the update but my Turbo isn't seeing the QR codes.

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I installed the update but my Turbo isn't seeing the QR codes.

Glad to hear ... well sorry didn't want to wish you anything mean !! but mine was/is doing the same thing sometimes or just giving me a option (as in the one I posted above ) just to "copy" and not tell me anything about it. or it takes a long time to read a bar code ( at first I thought it was because I was trying to make it read the bar code off a bottle of wine ) so I think I'll keep my App one for now until more Info. comes out about it or some updates to make it work better. Now I will say it down loaded the update strange .... I only down load one App. update at a time and this one updated uneventful but didn't recognize that it did and kept displaying " update" or "open" So now I'm wondering if the update didn't go well and maybe I need to uninstall and try it again. So I'm in the " buffering" mode LOL.

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Okay I uninstalled the update and reinstalled it and now it works much faster however it still doesn't read the QR code I posted here. just offers me to copy to clip board :( my other code reader tell me what the QR code says. Can anyone's camera new code reader read that QR code I posted above?

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Okay I uninstalled the update and reinstalled it and now it works much faster however it still doesn't read the QR code I posted here. just offers me to copy to clip board :( my other code reader tell me what the QR code says. Can anyone's camera new code reader read that QR code I posted above?
Yes. My phone read it instantly, but the only option is "Copy". What is that one supposed to be?

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Yes. My phone read it instantly, but the only option is "Copy". What is that one supposed to be?

I see now. I forgot that I did leave QR Reader installed. Maybe the Moto software cannot display codes with simple text only, maybe we can only process codes that take us to a website or open contact data?

Last edited:

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I see now. I forgot that I did leave QR Reader installed. Maybe the Moto software display codes with simple text only, maybe we can only process codes that take us to a website or open contact data?

Good thought hopefully they will update it. Glad you got to read it LOL.

Wynnded

Reaction score
When I scan it with the camera, it says "copy". I do that, and it says "copied to clipboard". I then paste that to a search field and it then says "Howdy :)".

Last edited:

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
When I scan it with the camera, it says "copy". I do that, and it says "copied to clipboard". I then paste that to a search field and it them says "Howdy :)".

Never thought to paste it to the search window ... When I made that QR that is what it's suppose to say. Other QR readers Apps. read it without any other action needed.

Last edited: