Motorola Droid Turbo Starts Getting Android 5.1 Lollipop Rollout

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid-turbo-lollipop-update-complete.jpg

Just as promised yesterday by Motorola, Android 5.1 Lollipop started pushing out to owners of the Droid Turbo today. We have multiple reports of Droid Turbo owners who are NOT in the soak test who have received the update this morning. It's been a long time coming, and not without controversy. Let's cross our fingers that all of the kinks have been worked out so that Lollipop for the Droid Turbo turns out to be a good thing!

Sound off if you are one of the lucky folks who already received the update. Feel free to commence the silly happy dance! :D

R

RETG

Fedex just dropped off a new Turbo at my door. After setting up the account, etc., I checked for updates and yes, it was there. Downloading as we speak. Sure hope it is better than the 5.0.1 that is on my AG&T LG G3 that I'm going to sell!
But, nice that it was available from day one, so no need for a reset.

floydfollower13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
My phone bricked after download! Just showing Motorola symbol. Help

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
One thing i do like is that there is an Option for Unlocking the Bootloader in Dev Options. Here's to hoping to see some Root shortly.

jpiarull

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Twitter
jpiarull
One thing i do like is that there is an Option for Unlocking the Bootloader in Dev Options. Here's to hoping to see some Root shortly.
Seeing that truly surprised me. VZW is notorious for loving down the bootloader like Fort Knox. Should be interesting to see CM come up with something for Turbo.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk