Another Motorola Droid Turbo Soak Test Began Recently; Taking Bets on Lollipop or Not?

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
motorola-droid-turbo-top-back.jpg

A new soak test has begun for the Motorola Droid Turbo. There have been so many soak tests which turned out to be small bug fix or feature updates that we wouldn't be comfortable taking bets on whether this one is finally Android 5.1 or not. Still, most folks suspect that is the case.

Also, the update is actually a bit controversial. Because Android Lollipop has had numerous bugs, half the folks who own the Droid Turbo are pretty happy with KitKat and may not want to switch. The other half are still angry that they don't have Lollipop yet, as Verizon promised it for the device over two months ago.

Luckily, Motorola soak tests typically don't last very long and move quickly to becoming full rollouts (assuming no major bugs are found). Sound off if you are ready to get Lollipop on your Droid Turbo or not.

Powarun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
I've been hearing it is Lollipop

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I like how kk runs on my phone.. But there are many who have had nothing but issues with even kk..lots of folks are ticked because of a promise that was made"unofficially " when the turbo came out...will receive 5.0 probably before Christmas..

Many people will say, don't buy based on a promise of an upgrade...i say..really? We phone junkies do just that, better guts in the phone to support the latest greatest OS and so its snappy...but to each their own...i hope it is 5.x and i hope it works well..after the wait...it better..

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
By now I doubt it'd be a bug fix. This almost has to be lollipop. But I will say either way I may jump ship and get the note 5 when I can. Not so much for the updates but functionality. I liked the smaller screen but I miss the s-pen and a little more screen.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I would've thought there was no way it could be a bug fix for the maxx ..too...lol..

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
As I have always said, as long as there are 2 year contracts on phones, we should be given 2 software updates. and most companies do this on most of there phones.

Re: the topic, I have been one of those "My phone works great, I don't care about L' but as time has dragged on and on and on.... I admit I am starting to want it now.

I always ask people demanding updates what feature they need...most have no idea. I know I'm repeating myself here form things I've said everywhere, but for any first time readers. ;)
There is nothing MUST HAVE in L for me, but I do wonder if the Turbo will see "up to 90 more minutes of battery life".

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Motorola already said it would go straight to 5.1.1 so its safe to assume if its lollipop that its 5.1.x.

They said 5.1, NOT 5.1.1.

"I wanted to give a quick update on our progress on the DROID Turbo 5.1 Lollipop upgrade since there seems to be A LOT of inaccurate information out there. We are still in the lab test cycle and things are looking good. We have not provided a launch date yet, but I will let you know as soon as the update is available."

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
They said 5.1, NOT 5.1.1.

"I wanted to give a quick update on our progress on the DROID Turbo 5.1 Lollipop upgrade since there seems to be A LOT of inaccurate information out there. We are still in the lab test cycle and things are looking good. We have not provided a launch date yet, but I will let you know as soon as the update is available."
Close enough

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Agreed. I actually think it's a smart move on their part. Wait and push out a bug free update instead of one that's half baked and gives everyone problems.

S5 tap'n