Motorola Droid Turbo will likely get Android 5.1 Lollipop in Mid-June

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid-turbo-red-face-down.jpg

A Verizon test engineer recently took to Google+ and shared an interesting assertion (although it was taken down, the conversation was saved and posted on Reddit). According to him, the Motorola Droid Turbo will finally get Android 5.1 Lollipop in mid-June.

The engineer shared that the update is basically done, but he reiterated that the reason it has taken so long is because Verizon has a very strict vetting process for firmware upgrades. This is in order to make sure the network isn't impacted negatively by any unforeseen bugs.

Hmmm... well... we do appreciate Big Red wanting to make sure the cake is fully baked before pulling it out of the oven, but there are a ton of users out here just itching to get a taste of Lollipop on the Droid Turbo!

Don't forget to check out our dedicated Droid Turbo section for further discussion: Motorola Droid Turbo Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Source: Reddit

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
So we'll hopefully be seeing something about motos soak testing soon...

Last edited:

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
With all the other devices using 5.?.? out there and the Turbo users are going to screw up V's system?? I gave up on it and plan on playing with Windows 10. :)>

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I wouldn't hold my Breath. Might be Mid-June 2016. lol

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Holding your breath is fun.. It leads to all sorts of interesting scenarios..

Rognish

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
rognish
and this is one of the reasons i didn't upgrade to the turbo. i spent a little bit more in buying the N6 then the turbo, but i'm so much happier with the N6.

Droid66

Reaction score
I got tired of waiting and ditched the turbo and got a N6. Rooted, custom ROM and happy now. I'll never get a locked down Verizon phone again.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Those of us who didn't, we're surely bought by the droid name and the 3900 mah battery.. The turbo isn't a terrible device.. They just need to get the bugs (which should've been minimal) worked out..

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I got my Droid Turbo Best Buy Blue Edition from Best Buy for $1 and got a $50 BB Gift Card. Unfortunately Paying Retail for Phones are not an option for me or at least not back then.