Motorola droid on way out?

emscapt47

Reaction score
Well i was talking to a friend that works for verizon and he was saying on how his dist mgr was there today and said the moto droid is going off the shelves very soon..What do you think? Be nice as i dont think it will happen but hey....

choklitcow

Reaction score
Off the shelves in stores? Quite possibly. Have you seen the turn-around on phones in these places? If you are talking about your typical, hand full of phones type store they are all on a couple month rotation.

If you are worried about the phone itself being on its way out, all you have to look to is the still on-going marketing to put you at ease.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Yeah no it's not going off the shelves : )

Thats craziness.....

They are still actively marketing it...

A LOT

dogthehunter

Reaction score
I can't see the droid going off the market. New things on the market almost daily. The phone has amazing popularity and versatility. Dog

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well i was talking to a friend that works for verizon and he was saying on how his dist mgr was there today and said the moto droid is going off the shelves very soon..What do you think? Be nice as i dont think it will happen but hey....

maybe he meant the droid eris, which is off the shelves sometime in May

smrivera80

Reaction score
I agree. With all the current marketing campaigning, there's no way the Moto Droid is going away right now.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

V

verian

Im trying jrummy's newest right now as I type. The draw is still ever powerful. As long as the people have interest It will only grow.

OP
emscapt47

emscapt47

Reaction score
whens this moto droid 2 coming out? So even with the new htc coming out u think it will be ok? hmmmmm...................

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Yes rkeller Droid 2 : )

Looking forward to that one.

luit5000

Reaction score
what? there's a droid 2 in progress...well with its popularity i couldn't expect less form the :motdroidvert::icon_ banana:

IceMarbles

Reaction score
The Droid is barely 6 months old, why would it be thrown in the backburner? This phone could serve me as the best phone for the rest of my life. I don't even need to upgrade to anything else.

indee2025

Reaction score
As much trouble for apple as the droid has stirred up? No, I don't think the Motorola Droid is going anywhere anytime soon.....I could easily see the Droid Eris going the way of the west and the HTC Droid Incredible (what a horrible name) taking it's place in hopes of swaying Verizon customers to grab the incredible instead of running for the nexus or HTC HD2. Moto Droid is the flagship device right now and I think future Moto Droids (as in the Droid 2) will be similar to any iphone released if not better (as usual).

nagmier

Reaction score
Its VERY doubtful the Motorola Droid is going anywhere anytime soon with the major network tv ads that are still being released that makes no sense... as a prev individual noted its most likely the eris