4G Motorola Droid?

OP
droid4607

droid4607

Reaction score
I'm running sourcery :Sourcery ROM
but everyone has there own best rom idea, but this one is easy to theme I think they have 11 or 12 themes to play around with, its very user friendly

thanks, i guess i will do some searching on roms and see what one suits me the best.

OP
droid4607

droid4607

Reaction score
he might have been referring to the ThunderBolt from HTC. it will be 4g, and it is coming out in a few weeks. it is an Android device, but single core (not dual core like many of the phones scheduled for release in the coming months). many people "confuse" an Android device as being a Droid. with the exception of the Incredible, "Droid" is a branding name that is used almost exclusively with Moto phones.

so, if you're looking for a Moto Droid 4g phone, the first one will be the Bionic. the DX2 is coming out in May/June with a dual core, but it's not expected to be 4g. whether or not the D3 (or the rumored Solana) are released later, and released as 4g, is all largely speculation.

thanks for the info. i would like to stay with the moto droid, i can stand not having a qwerty keyboard.

OP
droid4607

droid4607

Reaction score
sorry for the double post, but does rooting, without installing a custom rom, make it faster? or are the roms just kike themes and the kernals are what make it faster?

bassmankc

Reaction score
sorry for the double post, but does rooting, without installing a custom rom, make it faster? or are the roms just kike themes and the kernals are what make it faster?

most ROMS clean up the bloatware and make everything smoother, kernels can overclock which also makes it faster, I rooted and installed a custom and kernel I never played with it just rooted but I dont think just rooting does anything as far as performance

P.S. I would stay away from "gingerbread" roms right now they havent got them all figured out yet

UNC

Reaction score
he might have been referring to the ThunderBolt from HTC. it will be 4g, and it is coming out in a few weeks. it is an Android device, but single core (not dual core like many of the phones scheduled for release in the coming months). many people "confuse" an Android device as being a Droid. with the exception of the Incredible, "Droid" is a branding name that is used almost exclusively with Moto phones.

so, if you're looking for a Moto Droid 4g phone, the first one will be the Bionic. the DX2 is coming out in May/June with a dual core, but it's not expected to be 4g. whether or not the D3 (or the rumored Solana) are released later, and released as 4g, is all largely speculation.

There was also the Droid Eris! Some Moto android devices aren't called "Droid" either. (See : Devour) there's a reason for that though. Lol.

OP
droid4607

droid4607

Reaction score

most ROMS clean up the bloatware and make everything smoother, kernels can overclock which also makes it faster, I rooted and installed a custom and kernel I never played with it just rooted but I dont think just rooting does anything as far as performance

P.S. I would stay away from "gingerbread" roms right now they havent got them all figured out yet

thank you very much

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
rooting allows you to overclock your kernel, and increase the processing speed of your device. you can install custom kernels with differing speeds, allowing you to increase the processing speed more, or less, depending on needs and your phone. themes don't do anything but change the look of your phone. custom roms don't increase speed, per se, but can make it perform better by getting rid of unnecessary applications and functions that might be found in the stock rom.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

There was also the Droid Eris! Some Moto android devices aren't called "Droid" either. (See : Devour) there's a reason for that though. Lol.

i said "almost exclusively"... ;) but, i'm with CK - if it ain't a Moto, it ain't a Droid... lol

UNC

Reaction score

i said "almost exclusively"... ;) but, i'm with CK - if it ain't a Moto, it ain't a Droid... lol

I know, I was just being an ass. Lol. Locked bootloader or not, I will probably get the Bionic. I plan on buying the vPhone 4 on launch, but I also want an LTE phone!

If D3 is leaked before I buy a Bionic, and its LTE, I may hold out and get a Droid c3po out of contract!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
droid4607

droid4607

Reaction score
rooting allows you to overclock your kernel, and increase the processing speed of your device. you can install custom kernels with differing speeds, allowing you to increase the processing speed more, or less, depending on needs and your phone. themes don't do anything but change the look of your phone. custom roms don't increase speed, per se, but can make it perform better by getting rid of unnecessary applications and functions that might be found in the stock rom.

thanks, i guess i will attempt to root and pick a theme and rom.

jrmdroid

Reaction score
If you root follow MotoCache1's root regaurdless of os tread. Check out the Droid lab section here at Droid fourms as it has alot good info.

The one click roots do not work on the latest android os, froyo 2.2

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App