4G Motorola Droid?

droid4607

Reaction score
ive talked to a verizon worker that verizon plans to have a 4G motorola droid in the first quarter of this year. Anyone else hear about this or come across any sites about it or rumors? i have the D1 and i was about to get the D2 when the worker told me about a 4G motorola droid. im getting a little impatient and i really want to upgrade to the D2 because it seems the D1 is falling behind the curve (but dont get me wrong, the D1 is the best phone ive ever had and i dont think i can stomach having anything else but a motorola droid, d2 or if they plan to make it 4G)

thanks in advance. dancedroid

anuraj1

Reaction score
The motorola droid bionic is 4g and its scheduled for q2 of this year. That is the only droid branded 4g phone we know of so far.

Sent from my Motorola Droid

dasanman69

Reaction score
I dis hear a rumor of a Droid 3 coming out in August but no mention if it'll be 4G capable. I will hold on to my beloved D1 for a little longer. The last phone I loved this much was my StarTAC.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
for VZW, the only LTE Moto phone i'm aware of is the Bionic, which was stated yesterday by Moto to be released end of Q2. the Moto Atrix is going to be released for AT&T in the next couple of months (which is very similar to the Bionic). Moto's not releasing any LTE phones for VZW before the Bionic.

there is a rumor of a D3, but we certainly won't see that until Q3, at the very earliest.

OP
droid4607

droid4607

Reaction score
im looking t upgrade to the droid 2 because i really like it, but im nervous that i will upgrade and then find myself in a bind if a 4g moto droid comes out. im about ready to just switch and upgrade....ive been finding my d1 lagging a lot lately and i dont know of its the phone itself or all the stuff i have on it. i do clean it every few days.

thank you everyone for the information

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
IF the rumors of a D3 are true (speculated to come out late summer or fall), i would fully expect it to be a 4g phone. pure guesswork on my part, but it would seem to make sense...

OP
droid4607

droid4607

Reaction score
IF the rumors of a D3 are true (speculated to come out late summer or fall), i would fully expect it to be a 4g phone. pure guesswork on my part, but it would seem to make sense...

thanks. i wouldnt think the verizon worker would lie to me, but maybe he just didnt know exactly when and thats when he heard....he said 1st quarter.

i guess ill keep my eyes peeled and ears open.

bassmankc

Reaction score
im looking t upgrade to the droid 2 because i really like it, but im nervous that i will upgrade and then find myself in a bind if a 4g moto droid comes out. im about ready to just switch and upgrade....ive been finding my d1 lagging a lot lately and i dont know of its the phone itself or all the stuff i have on it. i do clean it every few days.

You could always root and rom your D1 trust me its a whole new animal then

OP
droid4607

droid4607

Reaction score

You could always root and rom your D1 trust me its a whole new animal then

ive always wanted to, but i cant seem to find the best way to do it and to be honest im a little scared to do it, would be nive if i knew someone personally that did it to theirs and could help walk me thru it. i dont want to screw up my phone...but i know and hear its pretty much fool proof.

bassmankc

Reaction score
I see your in KC also, what part? Its is actually pretty easy to do, and all the option you get from it are amazing!

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
he might have been referring to the ThunderBolt from HTC. it will be 4g, and it is coming out in a few weeks. it is an Android device, but single core (not dual core like many of the phones scheduled for release in the coming months). many people "confuse" an Android device as being a Droid. with the exception of the Incredible, "Droid" is a branding name that is used almost exclusively with Moto phones.

so, if you're looking for a Moto Droid 4g phone, the first one will be the Bionic. the DX2 is coming out in May/June with a dual core, but it's not expected to be 4g. whether or not the D3 (or the rumored Solana) are released later, and released as 4g, is all largely speculation.

OP
droid4607

droid4607

Reaction score
I gotcha! I'm actually in claycomo, but hey its all the same, It is a rather easy and somewhat foolproof process, I could probably walk you through it.

This is a good place to start:Motorola Droid- All Things Root Guide: Updated December 11th, 2010 2:00pm CST - Android Forums

also google Z4root download if your looking for a one click option

whats the best rom out there?and personally ive always wanted to have a black notification bar, lol.

thanks for the info.

bassmankc

Reaction score
I'm running sourcery :Sourcery ROM
but everyone has there own best rom idea, but this one is easy to theme I think they have 11 or 12 themes to play around with, its very user friendly