Motorola Droid Internal Space

kraxyk

Reaction score
The internal app storage space is horrible on the Motorola Droid. Is there any way to expand it?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
The internal app storage space is horrible on the Motorola Droid. Is there any way to expand it?

Sure, Get a Droid 2 or an X :icon_ banana:

harrellj

Reaction score
Unfortunately no. You can move as many apps as possible to your SD card and that'll help. Removing lesser-used apps or even rooting and trying to find a ROM that uses the least amount of space are also options.

Also, apps like Diskusage let you see exactly what is taking up space.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
...and don't forget that app data and cache also use that space. It's not just the apps themselves.

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
This was the #1 reason why I was so ready to switch phones, as much as I loved my D1. Apps to SD just doesn't cut it for me. I want all apps to be internal.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I agree with Eddog. I want all my apps internal. I have learned that if I am only going to use an app once a month or so, I do not keep it installed. I simply install it when I need it since it's so easy to do. And it gives me another reason/opportunity to play with my phone!!

Good luck and have fun!!

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I still have not ran into a problem - maybe I am just a minimalist...I have no apps on the SD - and over 100mb's of storage left but I don't keep junk and apps I never use just lying around