Low on space warning message?

Chief Wahoo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just received a notification on my Droid that says "Low on space - Phone storage space is getting low". . .

Has anyone else received this? I went in and deleted several (8-10) little used applications but the notification remains. Any ideas on how to clear this notification?

Under SD card & phone storage settings I have the following:

Total space 14.83 GB
Available space 14.43 GB

Under internal phone storage I have 16.89 MB. . .

Suggestions on memory clean up is greatly appreciated.

Enter

Reaction score
I use Cache mate. It is only for rooted droids. Try clearing all the browser cache. I guess you should do a little spring cleaning on music you least listen to or move videos to your computer or upload them to youtube under private, that way you can still watch it but never have it stored on your phone.

jjnagy

Reaction score
I just received a notification on my Droid that says "Low on space - Phone storage space is getting low". . .

Has anyone else received this? I went in and deleted several (8-10) little used applications but the notification remains. Any ideas on how to clear this notification?

Under SD card & phone storage settings I have the following:

Total space 14.83 GB
Available space 14.43 GB

Under internal phone storage I have 16.89 MB. . .

Suggestions on memory clean up is greatly appreciated.

I just had the same issue and it did not go away until I removed several Meg of installed apps. It looks like there is a minimum amount of the internal memory(256M) that needs to be available or bad things begin to happen. When the low internal phone storage came on I was no longer able to download any apps from the market. As soon I cleaned up ~5Meg of apps everything started working fine.

Time to remove as many of your unused apps as possible. Just tap on the low internal memory in notifications, and then wait for it to load all your apps and sort by size(menu), then long press on the some of the highest memory used apps you want to uninstall or clear its cache. Repeat until the notification goes away.

OP
C

Chief Wahoo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, sadly I had to delete that new game (new to me) Homerun Batlle - it was like 24MB and now the notification is gone.

I guess I will have to be a lot more diligent when I am considering downloading new apps/games from now on. So sad, I have finally reached a wall on my Droid. Didn't think it was possible, but I guess reality has been reached. :)

3turner

Reaction score
Yep, I echo jjnagy's suggestion. Get into the manage applications list, sort by size and then start at the top and go through clearing the cache of each app. I just did that now I got back 15 MB of memory. If clearing the cache does not work then try uninstalling several unused or little used apps.

Check apps like RSS readers or news feeds that would store data to load into your viewer for that app.

OP
C

Chief Wahoo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I went through like 40 apps and the only cache I could find was with the Locale app and it was only like 138Kb, no other cache out there. Wonder why? If others were cleaning out like 15MB, I may just have not went far enough down my app list. Will keep checking it from the airport tomorrow waiting for my flight. Thanks for the suggestions.

strobez395

Reaction score
I really hope they just let us store apps on our memory cards...it would make life so much easier.

GatorDroid

Reaction score
Just in case you didn't try this...If your using the factory Browser it doesn't show up in application management and it usually holds the largest cache. I sometimes have at least 10mb in the browser.
To clear; open browser and select menu...more...settings...then you can clear cache, data, history and free up some space.

gns

Reaction score
emptied the email trash

Could not send texts and got the low storage space notice. I tried everything short of a hard reset including clearing all cache. Then looked at my email trash folder. Over 4300 emails many with attachments. Was not able to delete them as the app crashed when I tried. I deleted the email account then added it back. Freed up lots of storage. With just a few test emails in the trash, I was able to delete them. So I guess taking the trash out once a week may solve the problem.