Motorola DROID 3 XT860.. considered 3g or 4g? HELP

centralterm

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a new/temporary DROID user so I apologize if this is a rookie question.. There is no Motorola store in my area or else I would just take it there and inquire. Anyway.

I have a unlocked DROID3 XT860 that I have temporarily been using and am unaware of whether or not it is considered a 3g or a 4g. I don't use internet on it, and am generally pretty unaware of technical specs. I am looking to resell it and don't want to falsely advertise it's capability but can't seem to figure this out. I asked a friend who said it was "3g with 4g capability".. is this an accurate assessment? Is it depending on the carrier you use the phone with?

thanks in advance!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
OP
C

centralterm

Reaction score
Hey, thanks!

I guess that leaves me with another question.. I always for some reason assumed that this phone was a 3g, but when I received it, it was originally operating under BELL until I unlocked it. I suppose there' s a very good chance of it being the 4g version. Are there any physical differences between the 3g and 4g, or something I can look at in the settings of the phone to determine which mine is?

apple4s

Reaction score
3g
1.png

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Hey, thanks!

I guess that leaves me with another question.. I always for some reason assumed that this phone was a 3g, but when I received it, it was originally operating under BELL until I unlocked it. I suppose there' s a very good chance of it being the 4g version. Are there any physical differences between the 3g and 4g, or something I can look at in the settings of the phone to determine which mine is?
The Droid 4 is the 4g version of it. It's basically a Razr with a keyboard and a slightly smaller screen iirc.

Again, that's just a Droid 3 with a HSPA+ capable radio. HSPA+ is a bit faster than 3g, but nowhere near the speeds of 4g LTE.