3G/4G Help for a Newbie!

cjtennis

Reaction score
Hey guys, just accidentally posted this question to a forum on the site that is a little less pertinent than this forum. (Da*n Newbie!)

I just purchased a Bionic and am new to the Droid OS altogether. Former BBerry user (please reserve judgement, I'll be the first to admit I'm not the most techie guy in the world!).

I'm sure I'll have questions more often than not so any help for a rookie would be much appreciated. I'm really looking forward to customizing and simplifying my phone so that it's intuitive and efficient.

So here goes my first and certainly not last question:

My 3G service is not being detected. I live in Madison, WI, and we have full 4G coverage as well. The 4G is fine when I turn it on but with it off and in CDMA only mode I've got no indication of 3G available. Leaving the 4G on is now necessary to pull in my e mails. Not a big deal except it obviously eats my battery up. This seems to have happened out nowhere; no settings were messed around with.

Any ideas?

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
welcome to the machine.

dont fret being new to the dark side, we have soft spots for new fish. helpful people around here as well.

as far as your question, 3G/4G connection issues are a known problem and is being addressed in the firt firmware upgrade due to be pushed out in november. try toggling airplane mode, wifi mode or a reboot. these help me recover 3G and or 4G.

good luck

OP
C

cjtennis

Reaction score
Thanks much for your help!

The input is much appreciated!

welcome to the machine.

dont fret being new to the dark side, we have soft spots for new fish. helpful people around here as well.

as far as your question, 3G/4G connection issues are a known problem and is being addressed in the firt firmware upgrade due to be pushed out in november. try toggling airplane mode, wifi mode or a reboot. these help me recover 3G and or 4G.

good luck