Motorola Droid 2.3.1 - Can't flash new rom!

KenpoScholar

Reaction score
I am new to the forum, so I hope i'm doing this right. Anyways, the other day, I flashed 2.3 Gingerbread rom onto my Motorola Droid and all was well until I realized that the rom didn't support the accelerometer (Hungry Shark) and I couldn't mount onto a computer. So, in my blind effort to mount it, I ended uninstalling my root system with z4root. Now, to the problem at hand. I have been trying since the break of dawn today to flash 2.2 back onto the phone with no success at all. I can not get into recovery mode because I deleted it on accident, I can't mount it to the computer, and it's not rooted in order to flash a recovery back on! I tried to root my phone again with z4root as well as a few other ways, but none of them are working. -.- Could someone give me a tip? I'm probably not thinking of some simple solution.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm going to move this to the Rescue Squad section.... see if we can get you some help.

I would say flashing an .sbf would work... but I'm not certain... so let's get you some certainty :)

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you can get rsdlite to see it you could reroot that way (link one in my sig) otherwise you would have to download frg22d update.zip fullfile directly to the phone and apply it using the stock recovery

Sent from my GimpDroid (Installed by RZR).

OP
K

KenpoScholar

Reaction score
Thanks Guidot, however, I am experiencing a problem. Once RSDLite has detected my Motorola phone, and I have clicked start, I get an error. "Unable to retrieve Initialization values from INI file." Then, it informs me that the flashing has failed. Please help, I would like to fix this problem. -.-

And the stock recovery has been deleted due to my stupidity. -.- So I can't flash that way.

Last edited:

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The ini file is used on newer versions of rsdlite. Use 4.6. I believe screenname 'teddyearp' has a fileserver with it on there. :)

OP
K

KenpoScholar

Reaction score
I tried everything from rsdlite 2.7 to RSDLite 4.6, but to know avail. I keep getting the same error. It's very upsetting. :icon_eek:

OP
K

KenpoScholar

Reaction score
YAY! I used V4.8 instead and it worked. No more error and I went along my way. With the recovery back, I can now flash it. Thank You so much!:icon_ banana:

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good show! Glad you got it back up!