Motorola Droid 1 keeps shuting down and restarting

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Iowaberg, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Iowaberg

Iowaberg Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just this morning it started doing this as I was driving to work using my car charger. Now it's doing the same thing as I'm trying to charge it on my docking station. Right now it hols a 15% charge, but it still does it even when not being charged. What's really strange is that it seems like it's a "quick" restart that only lasts about 30 seconds (sits on the red eye screen) vs a longer restart that I'm use to that lasts about 2 minutes. I also am getting the "Sprry! System is not able to respond" And then I either have to force close or it shuts down on its own. I pulled my battery but that doesn't seem to help.

2. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +24
    Current Phone Model:
    iPhone 7+ 256gb
    I would charge it on an AC charger if possible....have you tried a battery pull?

3. HouseOfZane

HouseOfZane New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    the motodroids have become infamous for acting crazy... definitely take backnblack's advice and use an AC charger, preferable the OEM.

Make sure you have your firmware up to date as well.

4. xkape

xkape Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +37
    I can't help but at least wonder... since people were getting the OTA this morning. I wonder if (on purpose or by accident) he was updating and his phone died. Just a thought.