Moto Z Series' First MotoMods Detailed

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I wonder why no one has mentioned the Moto Mods Setting on these phones, and the ability to check for new software updates for the Mods? I used my JBL Sound boost for the first time this morning and opened up the Moto Mods Settings to see what all was there, and there was a new software update for the speaker Mod. I had no idea they Incorporated this feature. Pretty cool, in my opinion.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I wonder if the Software Updates are whats limiting the JBLs Volume Output. I am disappointed with it being much lower than my tiny Anker which is only 3W.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I wonder if the Software Updates are whats limiting the JBLs Volume Output. I am disappointed with it being much lower than my tiny Anker which is only 3W.

Have you updated your JBL software? I wonder if it's something related to using it on Marshmallow and then the Nougat upgrade. I used mine extensively for the first time last night while packing for a work trip. I threw my BT speaker in the suitcase first (instead of last this time) and used my JBL Soundboost to listen to music in my bedroom while I packed. At about 2/3 volume it filled the room with decent sound. Not the best bass response in the world, but not bad for it's size. I set it near a wall to help reflect the bass sound and it sounded good to me, my wife even asked me to turn it down once because she could hear it over the TV in the living room.

I have noticed the lower than expected notification sounds you guys have been discussing, but music over my JBL Soundboost was pretty decent for me.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Have you updated your JBL software? I wonder if it's something related to using it on Marshmallow and then the Nougat upgrade. I used mine extensively for the first time last night while packing for a work trip. I threw my BT speaker in the suitcase first (instead of last this time) and used my JBL Soundboost to listen to music in my bedroom while I packed. At about 2/3 volume it filled the room with decent sound. Not the best bass response in the world, but not bad for it's size. I set it near a wall to help reflect the bass sound and it sounded good to me, my wife even asked me to turn it down once because she could hear it over the TV in the living room.

I have noticed the lower than expected notification sounds you guys have been discussing, but music over my JBL Soundboost was pretty decent for me.
I have updated my Mods. Still no change. Do you have Regular Z or Force?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The Force. Haven't tried the JBL Mod on the wife's Z Play yet.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk