The New Moto Z's Worst Feature is a Missing Feature

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I know they can. It's my standard rebuttal when people say "You shouldn't be allowed to drive with headphones on...". I think it's a dumb practice in general, but I don't believe the argument that it makes you dangerous on the road. If anything, it should make you more aware of what's going on.
I have a friend that got a ticket for it in Parma...

Amagine

Reaction score
So? What are you, anti American companies?!? LoL Other then the fact that I have 50 mini-usb cables and 5 chargers, I'm not sad to see mini-USB go.
And there certainly is some design direction at play. Aren't you even a smidgen happy to not have to ever stop and think again: is this cable upside down or upside right? One jack for power and headphone.
Time and technology march on.

Sent from Turbo II
While yes I like that they finally updated the key issue with micro USb, the one on my S6 wasn't that hard to figure out. It was keyed in the shape, not the pin like normal USB ends. However, before the S6, I was using a mirror'd micro USB cord for my other phones. So a solution for the design flaw has been out in the wild for quite a while.
I am more against going thinner for thinnest sake. After all, how many "bend test" videos do you see on products a day. Much less the fact that most people use an enclosure of some kind. If companies said they had an "active" or rugged variant for every phone for all carriers, then it would make sense to start going smaller.

Amagine

Reaction score
Yes, they can. I had a co-worker who was deaf since birth. He had special lights in the car when emergency sirens or horns went off it illuminated.

Yep. Being partially deaf myself, I sometimes wonder why you would even need sound to drive. Especially on high way runs. Granted, I also am a car guy so I like to hear various functions of the vehicle. You would also be amazed at how visually in tune, fully deaf people are. Most have better situational awareness than most folks.
On top of this, hearing devices have had wireless audio for phones, cars and other devices for years. So it wouldn't be hard to get around the headphone rules lol. All of that being said, driving with BEAT headphones on, is kind of ridiculous.