Moto Targa rumors...

Reaction score
Just read an article that says the Moto Targa could be the first device to sport nvidias quad-core CPU! Now that would definitely make me willing to wait for the Targa. Anyone else hear about this. Or any other rumors?

Here's the article I read

androidandme.com/2011/03/phones/motorola-droid-3-to-feature-omap4-motorola-targa-to-be-first-phone-with-quad-core-nvidia-kal-el/

EDIT - well I guess I Shoulda searched these forums first, cause someone already posted a thread about this awhile ago, my bad. I'm still stoked, and sooo hope its true. I just buit a new PC using AMD's Phenom II Black Edition Quad-Core 3.2Ghz CPU, and I would love to have a quad-core in my phone as well !

Sent using my Droid X, Powered by Rubix Focused 2.0.1

Last edited:
OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
Here's a pic of nvidias roadmap for the Tegra Chip
aefdc59b-1816-7411.jpg

EFGantry

Reaction score
the rumor of the Targa being quad core has been around for a while. but, every indication is that the Targa (most likely to be renamed as the "new" Bionic) will be out in Q3, and it is very unlikely that any phone would be ready for quad core by then. i'm betting (and a lot of others are, too) that the Targa will be dual core, and we won't see any quad cores until 2012.

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
the rumor of the Targa being quad core has been around for a while. but, every indication is that the Targa (most likely to be renamed as the "new" Bionic) will be out in Q3, and it is very unlikely that any phone would be ready for quad core by then. i'm betting (and a lot of others are, too) that the Targa will be dual core, and we won't see any quad cores until 2012.

Well according to a press release from Nvidia at the World Mobile Congress event, we should see a phone with their Tegra Quad-Core CPU by Christmas. So hopefully that's true