Moto 360 for $250?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
moto_360.png
Various sites have copied Best Buy's page where they have the watch listed at $250 (http://www.cnet.com/news/moto-360-smartwatch-specs-outed-by-best-buy/). All I have to say is get ready to see servers crash and sells had as we crowd the cyber line for the most anticipated smart watch of the year. Is $250 (even if it ends up being for the base model) a fair price for the moto 360?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I think it's a reasonable price. I personally won't be getting one, but considering its features it's a pretty good price.

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
I never could understand wearables nor justify spending money on them (probably because I'm constantly on my phone and see no need for them LOL). I think this is a good price point though, although I still don't see getting it (unless Moto throws some crazy X+1/360 combo special out there)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Latest-Designer-Rolex-Calvin-Klein-Armani-Watches-for-Men-Women-2014-6.jpg
casio-womens-la11wb-1.jpg

A few months ago I bought the Samsung gear fit 2 and liked it but felt like it was lacking. I ended up taking it back knowing the moto 360 and other android watches were on the horizon. Wearables are one of those things that will take awhile to catch on. Being this is year 1 we are going to pay more for less as we are early adopters. When the Gear watch came out last year it cost more than what wearables cost now and it was much inferior in specs and features than today's android wearables. Now I know that tech improves with time so of course we going to get better as time goes on. But tech also levels off where specs across the board are pretty well even and pricing not as high which is what we are seeing in android phones now. With wearables (watches) I think we will get the best price/tech quality around year 3 when you start seeing other companies adopt the tech especially known watch companies. Once you get more companies involved you going to go through a period of great and awful but as that gap shrink that is when it is the best time to buy as you will get a more quality overall product.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I never could understand wearables nor justify spending money on them (probably because I'm constantly on my phone and see no need for them LOL). I think this is a good price point though, although I still don't see getting it (unless Moto throws some crazy X+1/360 combo special out there)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I agree, I personally havent' been able to understand android wear devices but I am going to be getting this device. My reasoning is because I've wanted a nice watch for a while and this looks to be a very nice watch. Its going to look like a watch as well as all the stuff it can do. It'll be able to do minor things that I normally pull my phone out for that takes way longer than it should. Stuff like setting a quick timer, checking the weather, doing a simple google search. I mean for very small things. Also stuff like caller ID. When I'm at work I will only answer the phone (my personal one) for specific people. The rest of the time its in a drawer or in my pocket.

The only thing that will change my decision on buying one will be when I see it in person is that if it sucks and the quality is much lower than the hype has made it out to be. But I have a feeling I'll be wearing one soon.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
moto_360.png
Various sites have copied Best Buy's page where they have the watch listed at $250 (http://www.cnet.com/news/moto-360-smartwatch-specs-outed-by-best-buy/). All I have to say is get ready to see servers crash and sells had as we crowd the cyber line for the most anticipated smart watch of the year. Is $250 (even if it ends up being for the base model) a fair price for the moto 360?
I don't know what a fair price is until I see the actual product. Based on the leaked specs, I can see the Moto as # 2 with Apple taking the # 1 slot.
I'm betting Apple will hit the streets with an array of colors that will attract both male and female buyers.
I can see the Moto on my wrist but not my wife's.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I don't know what a fair price is until I see the actual product. Based on the leaked specs, I can see the Moto as # 2 with Apple taking the # 1 slot.
I'm betting Apple will hit the streets with an array of colors that will attract both male and female buyers.

My wife wants one also. She says the fashion right now for women's watches are oversized faces. As for Apple...lets see what they have to offer first. I want to know how they will try to make iOS into a wearable OS. They havent' really been succeeding in both software or hardware these days. The fanboys will always buy the next version but they are losing customers.

BHuber09

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3
Twitter
@BHuber09
As for me I will more than likely be purchasing this. I'm mainly purchasing it because I'm going to be an android fanboy.. But I also just think this has come much much further than the OG gear was when it first came out (which I owned and sold because the features were lacking). So I'm hoping with android wear being out it'll make the overall feel more complete.

This is very true, while I didn't think about it until you said it I personally can't see many women wearing this.. Normally women's watches are much smaller than men's and well this is going to be a large watch period.. So Im interested to see how well the product will sell to women.

Note'd

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Apple will get in the game it is just a matter if they are going to release it now with the iphone or wait until spring and release it with the new ipad. But with ios 6 having the ability to recognize other idevices I can really see apple integrating the iwatch to where it recognizes when you are near your ipad, iphone, or macpro.

I do think apple will take its time and focus on integrating the device to work across its other device and design language that matches the look of the iphone/ipad which will be eaten up by consumers. But I do not think it will be the best wearable, as far as specs, on the market but it will be competitive.

swc2001

Reaction score
I think its freaking Beautiful!!! I really didnt think I would be tempted by the wearables..... But this one has me going Hmmmm.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am all in. Can't wait. First, the 360 is a nice looking time piece even without the smart features. Throw in that I can quickly see alerts without picking up my phone or taking it out of my pocket, and its a no brainer. I will even pay more for a higher end version. A decent watch will run you $200-500 anyway.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Yeah, the 360 is the one device I would actually wear. I'd still have to wait and see how large it is on my wrist. Definitely looking forward to this one.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I'd wear that. I hate wearing watches but I think this might change my mind.