Most Durable Droid Phone

DroidSI

Reaction score
I drop my phone on weekly/ monthly basis and need a phone that's screen won't crack on me...what phone should I get? And I know what your thinking, just get a case...not my cup of tea.

Reaction score
Any motorola droid phone would do because they are made with guerrilla glass touch screens.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

tktouch12

Reaction score
not an incredible! they break from any drop over 4 inches.. seriously its bad.
ya, motorola tends to make the strongest phones

benner

Reaction score

What do you drop it on? nails?

I've dropped mine multiple times and never had a problem

cpjr

Reaction score
Technically EVERY phone's screen could break if dropped.

But yeah, Motorola uses the G glass which is more durable.

PS- Crazy idea.....stay with me.....dont drop your phone ;)

kenbiz

Reaction score

Dropped mine a few times from over 5 ft. No problems.. yet my friend did the same with his iPhone n f ed up his phone pretty good. All luck I guess

tktouch12

Reaction score
ya i guess i just have bad luck but one of my incredibles broke from less than 2 feet with seidio innocase on. i cant figure it out, must have been bad luck.
o well, haha. i still love the phone (my favorite droid still)

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
And I know what your thinking, just get a case...not my cup of tea.

Well, expect cracks. Gorilla Glass is resistant but not unbreakable nor unscratchable. Every layer of protection helps.

Detonation

Reaction score
Based purely on phone build, the moto droids are probably the best. They all have metal housings and are pretty sturdy feeling. First thing I noticed when I got my Inc was how light and cheap it felt being made out of plastic.

brando56894

Reaction score
Original Droid, ive seen ones that are beat to hell and still work fine. not to mention the frame is aluminum (im assuming the droid x and D2 are the same as well) and not plastic like most phones. Also as a lot of other people have mentioned it has G glass, which as you can see in the galaxy tab tests on youtube it can survive point blank bb shots.

727designs

Reaction score
I have had the Droid X for almost 2 years. Longest I've had one phone. A little over a year ago, i dropped it face down in mud, all I had on it was a clear screen protector. Wiped the mud off and it was good to go. I have dropped it when getting out of the car on cement, at least a half dozen times. It did dent the corner of the aluminum housing a little. Still works and is in good shape. I dropped it in a pot of boiling water about 5" deep the other night! Only had the clear screen protector on it, no case. It stayed on in the bottom of the water for about 20 seconds. I dumped it out and pulled the battery right away. Red moisture indicator was all red from water. I put it in a ZipLock bag with a desiccant bag, for an hour, still had moisture behind the camera lens cover and the screen was dim. Bought the Razr that night, had an upgrade available, but decided to put the X back in the bag overnight with desiccant. The next day, I turned it on and it has been fine! I am very impressed by the Motorola Droids. :biggrin:

Saint23

Reaction score
Casio commando. I've dropped it from head height several times and no problems. The screen is recessed gorilla glass.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk