dropped phone once....screen cracks

blkvixon

Reaction score
I have only had this phone a month an I dropped it once and the screen cracked. I can't feel the cracks in the screen, only see them. I think motorola should apply something to the screen where not only will it be unstratchable but also shatterproof....

Reaction score
how bad was your drop? cuz i know ive dropped it many many times and it has never cracked but i also have a case on mine

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
:heart::reddroid::greendroid:
I took it like I did the storm.
got a LOCKEDOUT Droid
and Im going to swapp the Digitizer with a Good ESN Core.:icon_ banana:dancedroid:heart::greendroid::reddroid:

Any help & encougement vastly appricated.
EXCEPT "watch YOU TUBE VIDEO"
:icon_evil: one and only thing out there

Been on alot of Cigar - Bolt forums Puff stogie gorilla exct.
Thanks Anybody want a New York Pretzel?

wtf3.gif

Mojo

Reaction score
I broke mine too..... anyone know where to order a replacement screen?

nycstogie

Reaction score
Screen like a Engine HEAD or Tranny

search craigslist or ebay
bad esn
and we shall lead the way
mine should be in the mail :reddroid: prayer:reddroid:

My god the GULF OIL SPILL IS CATASTRPHY :icon_evil:

any threads on screeen replacemnt? sucesse or complicatons?
(esn flash is impossible, Cicket dont work in NYC, Metro PCS internet dont work either in NYC I heard.

Metro PCS Said yhis July 4g with Drods,storms I phone...... BS???

OP
B

blkvixon

Reaction score
how hard i dropped it

I will tell ya that it did fall onto a concrete step. It didn't fall on the side with the screen on it; it fell on the backside of the phone. I have protection insurance on the phone so I might get a new phone down the road.

iamnotjohn

Reaction score
hey bro, i dropped my droid thrice already, i was on a passenger seat of a pick up truck i forgot that my droid was on my lap then i went out the car, BOOM! droid dropped. happend three times but still no crack watsoever. maybe because i have the screen protector from verizon, only bought it for like 10 bucks i think...

Reaction score
I have only had this phone a month an I dropped it once and the screen cracked. I can't feel the cracks in the screen, only see them. I think motorola should apply something to the screen where not only will it be unstratchable but also shatterproof....

We're hoping that DROID glass crack repairs will be available shortly--Motorola are being kind of jerks about it but some resourceful people are coming up with something that will be available soon.

Check this thread for the whole saga: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid/19930-replacement-screen-glass.html

Reaction score
Oh also, Motorola states they use something called "Gorilla Glass" which is supposedly super strong but based on the number of people who ask about this repair, I don't think it's any stronger than the glass on an iPhone.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh also, Motorola states they use something called "Gorilla Glass" which is supposedly super strong but based on the number of people who ask about this repair, I don't think it's any stronger than the glass on an iPhone.

I spend a heck of a lot of time in this forum and I can tell you that the number of dropped phones that didn't crack/break far exceed the number of unfortunate people who just dropped it and had it fall in a funny spot.

I've dropped mine several times and fortunately for me the glass is fine. And the glass is "Gorilla Glass" and it's very durable. However glass is glass and if you happen to drop it the wrong way, stuff happens.

Reaction score
Motorola replaces it for 75$ takes a week or two.
Do you have the contact info for a shop that will actually do this? I've contacted authorized Motorola repair centers and have been told the part is completely out of stock even internal to Motorola--if Motorola can indeed reliably do it for $75 I'd like to know. I imagine lots of others would, too.

Reaction score

I spend a heck of a lot of time in this forum and I can tell you that the number of dropped phones that didn't crack/break far exceed the number of unfortunate people who just dropped it and had it fall in a funny spot.

I've dropped mine several times and fortunately for me the glass is fine. And the glass is "Gorilla Glass" and it's very durable. However glass is glass and if you happen to drop it the wrong way, stuff happens.

You're right. I only hear from the people whose DROIDs are actually broken. I also don't know what the comparative user bases are for DROIDs vs iPhones.

There's a great demo of some engaged editor poking the crap out of a Gorilla Glass digitizer on a Dell tablet. I'd like to see some comparison testing.

peterpressure

Reaction score
I just got my RMA # today, here is my thread: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...7679-dropped-my-droid-shattered-screen-2.html

And the thread I got the info from:http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/10016-my-droid-screen-shattered-11.html

In a a few weeks if I have a new shiny screen on my old phone in the mail I'll let you know. In the meantime I bought slightly used Droid on ebay for $260 and in the end I'll either sell one of em or have a backup always at the ready.