Most amazing Insane Nexus Ones multi touch Screen Saver Animations

INFERNO

Reaction score
Because we have a dedicated graphics processor.

when the 2.1 becomes official everyone thinks we will finally get the nexus one live wallpaper which is the only one that doesn't work of all the live papers........but if it's "Nexus One" why would we? Also maybe we all get lag on the live papers because we don't have 1ghz.......just a thought.
yes and the nexus one has an even faster one which is why i was thinking that running live wallpapers widgets music etc. that maybe that's why we get lag or freezes.

Last edited:

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was under the impression the nexus one just has the snapdragon and no graphics processor.

Because we have a dedicated graphics processor.

when the 2.1 becomes official everyone thinks we will finally get the nexus one live wallpaper which is the only one that doesn't work of all the live papers........but if it's "Nexus One" why would we? Also maybe we all get lag on the live papers because we don't have 1ghz.......just a thought.
yes and the nexus one has an even faster one

INFERNO

Reaction score
I think it may be on board. but with the 1 ghz snapdragon it could actually help the graphic out alot being able to share a little speed. the droid has a separate gpu, but that means they cant share eachothers resources

Reaction score
I think it may be on board. but with the 1 ghz snapdragon it could actually help the graphic out alot being able to share a little speed. the droid has a separate gpu, but that means they cant share eachothers resources

Onboard graphics take away from the cpu. A separate gpu takes load off the cpu. Your logic is backwards.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
If it's on-board then the video's and demo's you've been seeing have it being used.

The Droid on the other hand where you see it running 2.1 is not using the GPU the way it should be.

That's why a proper 2.1 release should be very much faster.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes,

A separate GPU is nearly always better than an onboard one. Especially one as fast as the Droids.

Onboard graphics take away from the cpu. A separate gpu takes load off the cpu. Your logic is backwards.

INFERNO

Reaction score
lol that's what I said......sharing speed is the same as you say taking away. not being able to share is how you said taking the load off......since they don't share lol.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
The CPU and the GPU both work together - like having two people working rather than just one person who might be genetically enhanced to be faster.

Why do you think that the best and fastest computers are ones that have major GPU's in them?

The cheapo models have the graphics being handled by the CPU.

lol that's what I said......sharing speed is the same as you say taking away. not being able to share is how you said taking the load off......since they don't share lol.

INFERNO

Reaction score
If it's on-board then the video's and demo's you've been seeing have it being used.

The Droid on the other hand where you see it running 2.1 is not using the GPU the way it should be.

So then the nexus 2.1 os everyone is using is not optimized for the droid hardware.....when it is I hope we will get to run the live wallpapers full time!

INFERNO

Reaction score
The CPU and the GPU both work together - like having two people working rather than just one person who might be genetically enhanced to be faster.

Why do you think that the best and fastest computers are ones that have major GPU's in them?

So your saying graphics wise that the Droid is superior over the nexus one?

Reaction score

So then the nexus 2.1 os everyone is using is not optimized for the droid hardware.....when it is I hope we will get to run the live wallpapers full time!

Who knows, we're all just speculating here, no one knows for sure. It would make sense though that the official release (guesstimate of 3 weeks away) will be better than leaked ROMs.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
No, the Nexus I believe is rumored to have and OLED screen which is superior to the screen the Droid has. It probably looks better and takes less energy to run.

However as far as pure power goes there is an argument that the GPU in the Droid properly used can make up for the difference in speed between the two devices.

I don't understand your logic that they don't work together. Of course they do. They just don't live on the same chip which makes it actually a better arrangement.

Think of the google server farm. They run thousands (or hundreds of thousands) of computers running together to get us our results faster.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have a sinking feeling that it may be more than three weeks. They are not going to want to take away the thunder of the Nexus One that fast. Also does anyone know if 2.1 is even slated for the Droid at all in the near future?

No, the Nexus I believe is rumored to have and OLED screen which is superior to the screen the Droid has. It probably looks better and takes less energy to run.

However as far as pure power goes there is an argument that the GPU in the Droid properly used can make up for the difference in speed between the two devices.

I don't understand your logic that they don't work together. Of course they do. They just don't live on the same chip which makes it actually a better arrangement.

Think of the google server farm. They run thousands (or hundreds of thousands) of computers running together to get us our results faster.