More Drama From Samsung - Samsung Denies 16% Return Rate - Claims Less Than 2%

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Drama-queen.jpg

As has been the case lately with Samsung lately, we have more drama from them. Their modus operandi (M.O.) has been to deny any reports that might reflect negatively on their operations, and they are following this same pattern yet again. Recently we reported in our 'Unhappy Sammy' article, that a third-party marketing research firm did an independent study of return rates for the Samsung Galaxy Tablet, and found them to be as high as 16 percent. Samsung denies this and claims that the report is false. They claimed that their returns are less than 2 percent.

I fully understand a company wanting to defend its marketing position with a bit of "informational spin", but there can't really be that much of a discrepancy with the numbers... What do you guys think? I'm actually a fan of some of Samsung's products, (I love their LCD and LED TV's), but their mobile phone division needs to get its act together.

Source: SlashGear

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Well, were returns "as high as 16 percent" or actually 16%? I don't care about an anomaly at one retail outlet.

16% would be shocking, anything over 5% really is shocking. If they have the data (and I believe they do), I can't believe they'd make such an egregious error. I also don't think 16% is right. I think this is going to be a case (again) of somebody interpreting data in a report wrong or getting their facts wrong.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Samsung's mobile division is terrible handling updates... the 16% wouldn't surprise me if it turned out to be accurate.

dropseys

Reaction score
63% of statistics are made up. The other 43% are correct! dancedroid

I am here on Friday mornings 12 to 8. Come back and see me any time.