Samsung Legal Filing Reveals Different Picture than Apple Claims; Apple Stole Ideas

nikecar

Reaction score
if they lose, then it will cause Apple to slap lawsuits on the idiotic "display order and lists" patent they just got to sue anyone that uses some outline or list to order anyting on the phone scrren.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
I can only hope that this puts Apple in its place so that I'm not literally having to read every week about some new piece of idiocy they are carrying on with. Sorry Apple, whatever dedicated users and sheep you have loyal to your products you fell behind long ago and your current game isn't getting you anywhere. Step it up and move on. You're pathetic.

Yes, I know they'll never read it, but it feels good to say.dancedroid

You know that you don't have to hate Apple just because you happen to love Android, right? I love Android, but I also am in love with my Macbook Pro <3. Just because you aren't nuts about their business practices doesn't mean you should blindly ignore the fact that they have very well-built products that work well and run quite smoothly :). I don't know that I will ever go back to a Windows computer. I'll take my computer freezing up ~2 times a year over ~50-100+ times a year any day, and I fail to see how that makes me a sheep.

But, yes, as a business, they do perform a lot of despicable acts and love to overprice their products. But, at the same time, isn't the whole point of a business to make the most profit you can? Not condoning them on their lawsuits, though, it really does make them look bad and ticks me off to no end that they stoop so low.

Last edited:

skennelly

Reaction score
You know that you don't have to hate Apple just because you happen to love Android, right? I love Android, but I also am in love with my Macbook Pro <3. Just because you aren't nuts about their business practices doesn't mean you should blindly ignore the fact that they have very well-built products that work well and run quite smoothly :). I don't know that I will ever go back to a Windows computer. I'll take my computer freezing up ~2 times a year over ~50-100+ times a year any day, and I fail to see how that makes me a sheep.

But, yes, as a business, they do perform a lot of despicable acts and love to overprice their products. But, at the same time, isn't the whole point of a business to make the most profit you can? Not condoning them on their lawsuits, though, it really does make them look bad and ticks me off to no end that they stoop so low.

I have a three year old Asus running windows 7. I have never experienced one freeze up. I really don't understand the mentality that "Apple products just work." As opposed to any other manufacturers not working? To each his own, but it is absolutely fair for anyone that disagrees with Apple's crappy business tactics to not support that company by not spending money with them, irregardless of the build quality.

It seems to me that Apple is not a company that tries to compete on innovation, but rather monopolize the market by eliminating its competition.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
What came first, the Chicken or the Egg? :p

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
skennelly said:
I have a three year old Asus running windows 7. I have never experienced one freeze up. I really don't understand the mentality that "Apple products just work." As opposed to any other manufacturers not working? To each his own, but it is absolutely fair for anyone that disagrees with Apple's crappy business tactics to not support that company by not spending money with them, irregardless of the build quality.

It seems to me that Apple is not a company that tries to compete on innovation, but rather monopolize the market by eliminating its competition.

Because unless the pc is custom built or you have it custom built...some companies skimp on the power supply, maybe cooling fan and maybe mobo.

Your Asus is probably better built than the one he had that froze so many times. Something like the power supply, internet security can cause lock ups, freeze ups. Drivers can cause it. It's not just that its not a Mac or running Windows. I thought alot of these myths have been busted already...lol.

I totally agree about that myth that Apple products just work. If that was the case, trouble shooting sections of forums for Apple products would be very small. They aren't. Also agree about not agreeing with their business practices = not spending money on their products. They way they try to be so exclusive....so niche ....means some ppl wont buy their products. Its not just about the lawsuits

Last edited:

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
Have you ever been to an apple store on a Saturday afternoon? The place is packed with people who are having issues with iPhones, Mac books and all sorts of apple products.
To the point I really hope Samsung finally takes it to apple. I have heard enough of this patent war crap to last a life time.

Sent from my DROID4

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Saying that you hate Apple's business practices but still love and buy their other products is like denouncing child or slave labor, but still buying the products that those children and slaves were forced to produce.

I am sure the Nazi's made decent products, but we can all agree that their methods were horrendous and not to be supported.

WestOkid

Reaction score
Apple's goal is to be the only touch screen mobile device manufacturer on the planet. This is evident in that unlike every other tech manufacturer on the planet, they do not even license their innovation. Their goal is to lock people into their proprietary ecosystem and keep other tech companies out. They have a lead and they hope to sit on it at all costs. That is why they would rather develop a entirely new communication port vs using micro USB, use a non-standard headphone jack, store music in AAC vs MP3, use weird screen sizes instead of HD standards, etc etc. These things all make it nearly impossible to cut into their client base. If someone switches from apple they will feel all the pains and associate this with the new device, not Apple's monopolization. This is the only reason why they would sue Samsung over things like slide to unlock and phone icons, even when Apple's very dominance of the market has made these things ubiquitous. They want the user to be confused upon trying any other product and abandoned it. Now for the Apple defense. It hurts me, but Apple has no choice. They are the biggest company in the world based on market value, and it all rides on 2 products. The iPhone and the iPad. Aside from HTC, all of the other companies produce a variety of products. If Apple allows anyone of these companies to pass them, they will essentially fall off the table. It's like a race car that has the lead and the guy behind is gaining, and has a faster car. What's he gonna do let him go pass? No, he's gonna block him. That is Apple's dilemma. Block or lose!

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
^^ i agree with the guy above me. So let's slam apple off the track into the wall and light their car on fire.

Sent from my frozenly delicious bionic.

WestOkid

Reaction score
^^ i agree with the guy above me. So let's slam apple off the track into the wall and light their car on fire.

Sent from my frozenly delicious bionic.

ROFL. Let's do that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Rubbins racing ;)

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Apple's goal is to be the only touch screen mobile device manufacturer on the planet. This is evident in that unlike every other tech manufacturer on the planet, they do not even license their innovation. Their goal is to lock people into their proprietary ecosystem and keep other tech companies out. They have a lead and they hope to sit on it at all costs. That is why they would rather develop a entirely new communication port vs using micro USB, use a non-standard headphone jack, store music in AAC vs MP3, use weird screen sizes instead of HD standards, etc etc. These things all make it nearly impossible to cut into their client base. If someone switches from apple they will feel all the pains and associate this with the new device, not Apple's monopolization. This is the only reason why they would sue Samsung over things like slide to unlock and phone icons, even when Apple's very dominance of the market has made these things ubiquitous. They want the user to be confused upon trying any other product and abandoned it. Now for the Apple defense. It hurts me, but Apple has no choice. They are the biggest company in the world based on market value, and it all rides on 2 products. The iPhone and the iPad. Aside from HTC, all of the other companies produce a variety of products. If Apple allows anyone of these companies to pass them, they will essentially fall off the table. It's like a race car that has the lead and the guy behind is gaining, and has a faster car. What's he gonna do let him go pass? No, he's gonna block him. That is Apple's dilemma. Block or lose!

Very well put, but there is a third option: innovate. In the end their blocking attempts both draw attention to the competition as a worthy adversary and to make even die-hard Apple lovers wonder what kind of company they are supporting. We're seeing that even the iPhone borrowed quite a bit from other companies, but at least the original brought its own unique features to the table. The have become stagnant. Professional racers are only allowed so many blocking maneuvers before they have to let the other guy by; at that point they have to figure out what to do to get back into the race. Tim Cook and his cronies are taking Apple in the wrong direction, but word on the street is that absolute power corrupts absolutely so maybe they can't help themselves.