Mobile Recovery Service launched by Verizon

drtnsnw

Reaction score
it aint gonna work if u dont have ur gps on 24/7 which i never do..am i right?

Give it a try, don't know if it will work or not

BTW, didn't mean to sound snippy, just that this is the 3rd thread about this I have seen

Chris

stabl4life82

Reaction score
well fro what i just read...u HAVE to have it on..

Enabling GPS

You must enable GPS on your phone to use the Locate Phone feature. To enable GPS:
- On your phone, go to Settings - > Location and security - > Use wireless networks & Use GPS satellite

drtnsnw

Reaction score
just did some playing around and it will not find it if the GPS is off. It will sound the alarm though

Chris

Mohawk3

Reaction score

Baring my inability to read your anacoluthia based question, if the program can change your volume, it can most assuredly change your GPS from off to on.

The Android OS does not allow programs to have the ability to directly turn on GPS. I think they started to block that ability in OS 2.0 or 2.1.

I keep my GPS on 24/7. It does not appear to affect my battery life as the programs that I allow to use don't run all day in the background. It basically only turns on when I am using maps or navigation.

I do also use juice defender to help save some battery life.

Skull One

Reaction score

Baring my inability to read your anacoluthia based question, if the program can change your volume, it can most assuredly change your GPS from off to on.

The Android OS does not allow programs to have the ability to directly turn on GPS. I think they started to block that ability in OS 2.0 or 2.1.

I keep my GPS on 24/7. It does not appear to affect my battery life as the programs that I allow to use don't run all day in the background. It basically only turns on when I am using maps or navigation.

That's interesting. Quick Setttings allows the me to turn GPS on and off at will. I have tested this both on my Droid 1 and Droid X. And Quick Settings is a market app. Plus the code is open source which means anyone can find the code to do it.

As I said, a poorly written application.

stabl4life82

Reaction score
yes ur right....i have the power control widget on one of my home screens also so they turn off gps, im screwed for finding it...lmao but they say they will send u a new phone so oh well...we will maybe see one day... i do have the app hidden in my app drawer at least with adw launcer and if i ever lose my phone in the house which i prob will never do, i can still find it without gps so whateverr haha

Mohawk3

Reaction score

That's interesting. Quick Setttings allows the me to turn GPS on and off at will. I have tested this both on my Droid 1 and Droid X. And Quick Settings is a market app. Plus the code is open source which means anyone can find the code to do it.

As I said, a poorly written application.

I didn't explain well enough last time so I apologize, the Android OS does not allow applications to turn on the GPS remotely. You can do it on your phone with other apps, but you can not send a text message from another phone that will command your GPS to turn on.

chaz.ring

Reaction score
lol.....so basically this app is a freaking joke....waste of time even reading this.

xBBuser

Reaction score
lol.....so basically this app is a freaking joke....waste of time even reading this.

So what you're saying is that reading comprehension is not your strong suite? :r_c:

The GPS is only needed to track the phone. All the other options still work with GPS off. The fact that the phone can be wiped and locked is a big plus.
Wipe it, lock it, then file an insurance claim for lost phone. Maybe that's too complicated for you?...

chaz.ring

Reaction score

So what you're saying is that reading comprehension is not your strong suite? :r_c:

The GPS is only needed to track the phone. All the other options still work with GPS off. The fact that the phone can be wiped and locked is a big plus.
Wipe it, lock it, then file an insurance claim for lost phone. Maybe that's too complicated for you?...

lol.... Lock? just turn the phone off then back on..viola.
Wipe...lol...I doubt they want to call your mom's anyways.

Complicated.......lol

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
chaz.ring, I am asking you to calm down with the remarks. I've been watching the progression of the thread and your remarks are very close to instigating. If you don't like the app or don't feel it's good, fine. Walk away from the thread since it doesn't interest you. There is no need to continue like you are.

chaz.ring

Reaction score
chaz.ring, I am asking you to calm down with the remarks. I've been watching the progression of the thread and your remarks are very close to instigating. If you don't like the app or don't feel it's good, fine. Walk away from the thread since it doesn't interest you. There is no need to continue like you are.

Instigating??? no... I gave my honest opinion on a public forum. I didn't know that was breaking any rules.:icon_eek:

I suppose telling someone that they have comprehension problems is not instigating...... pm sent