Mobile Recovery Service launched by Verizon

rgreene1971

Reaction score
Working great!

Installed on my Droid X running 2.1 OS

Downloaded via text message link and installed with no issues. Tested location via bing maps and it was spot on.

montereybob

Reaction score
Verizon starts lost phone service

Verizon Wireless Helps Find Lost Smartphones
Today, 8:05 AM by Philip Berne updated Today, 8:05 AM

Verizon Wireless announced a new phone recovery feature as part of its Total Equipment Coverage hardware insurance package. Verizon smartphone owners with an Android, BlackBerry, Windows Mobile or WebOS device can load the Asurion Mobile Recovery App, then if the phone gets lost, users can locate the phone using GPS. Users can activate an alarm to sound even if the phone is in silent mode. Phones can also be locked or wiped remotely. If a phone still cannot be recovered, Asurion's TEC program offers next-day delivery once they've approved a claim for a replacement device.

drtnsnw

Reaction score
Kinda old news and it works great. I used it to track down my phone this weekend when it hid itself under the cushion of my couch

Chris

cpinto

Reaction score

Starting today Verizon has just launched it’s new Mobile Recovery service for smartphones. The service provides such features as: locate phone using GPS, sound alarms, file a claim, remote lock, and remote wipe. The service is free for TEC (Total Equipment Coverage) subscribers and will work on Android, Blackberry, Windows Mobile, and webOS devices. TEC subscribers can go to www.mymobilerecovery.com to download the mobile recovery application or text “getmr” to 6967 for instructions on how to download the application. Still no word yet on if non-TEC customers can apply for the Mobile Recovery service.

Not much luck with MR.

Installs fine, but if you have to have GPS on, and in a location with a good signal, then it's useless.

A stolen or lost phone will not be out in the open. It needs to use triangulation like Family Locator did. That worked great, but does not work on my X or my daughters Blackberry.

AlBundy

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My son has a stock DX running the leaked 2.2 OS. Has anyone been able to get Mobile Recovery Service to work on a Droid X with the leaked 2.2 installed?

The app installs, but when it tries connecting to the server, I get a message stating, "Unrecognized device. Please try again later."

I've installed and uninstalled a few times. I also booted into recovery, wiped the cache, but the result was the same. Any suggestions?

mauiblue

Reaction score
Kinda old news and it works great. I used it to track down my phone this weekend when it hid itself under the cushion of my couch

Chris

The news may be dated for some but not to me:) as this is new to me. Thanks OP for posting this info. Works much better than "Where's My Droid" that I had installed when I first got my Incredible a couple months ago. I installed the app last night, signed up, and just tested it out. Works great!

dricacho

Reaction score
I found a major flaw!!

I did a remote phone lock, sure enough it locked the phone. Needs a PIN to unlock. I didn't unlock the phone at this point. I turned the phone off, then on, the phone lock is deactivated! I don't use a screen lock pattern so if this phone was actually lost, its easily accessible just by restarting the phone.

Can anyone try this and report back??

reaper keeper

Reaction score
I could see if the wipe feature worked this would be something to talk about, but Mobile Defence does the locking and GPS location along with a few other things and its free..........:icon_ poke:
I have been using Mobile Defence for about a year, never really needed it but hey, you never know. Guess I will watch for this to imporve before I jump in.:)

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I didn't realize this was out there either until last week. It really is a great service and seems to work extremely well. I like the other functions with locking and such remotely, as well.

mauiblue

Reaction score
Yes, I like the idea of remotely locking and even wiping the contacts off the phone. I tried sound alarm feature and worked like a charm.

Skull One

Reaction score
it aint gonna work if u dont have ur gps on 24/7 which i never do..am i right?

Baring my inability to read your anacoluthia based question, if the program can change your volume, it can most assuredly change your GPS from off to on.